Fund Accountant (1 Year Contract)
Main Objectives and Purposes:
The Fund Accountant works closely with BP2S internal teams to provide fund administration services to external fund managers in Asia/Europe and Asian asset owners and to prepare the financial consolidation report of multiple funds for a key client.
- Able to work independently on financial consolidation of multiple funds/portfolios internal and external for year-end financial reporting purposes for a key client.
- Able to work closely under tight deadline with client and auditors to meet client specific reporting requirements
- Validate daily, weekly and monthly NAV funds/portfolios in accordance with applicable Industry recommended accounting practices, accounting standard or specific constitutional documents.
- Work with fund/portfolio accountants and liaise with different support functions to ensure NAVs are delivered in timely manner to meet the agreed KPIs.
- Provide accurate statistic data (KPIs etc.) on an as-scheduled basis and establish service excellence.
- Ensure NAV calculations are accurately prepared and in line with the BNPP operational and system procedural manual.
- Prepare operational and system procedural manuals to ensure that all operational risks are well under control and adequate for the day to day activities.
- Identifying and documenting “non-standard” process flows for proper documentation
- Report and escalate operational or major incidents including any breach or error occurrences to the Management.
- Participate in regular operational meetings to review any client and new business requirements.
- Working pro-actively with Clients to resolve queries on action points relating to Fund Admin matters
- Participating in transition planning and testing to ensure new processes or system functionalities can meet clients’ needs and requirements.
- Involve in any new client take-on and migration activities.
- Other ad-hoc duties as may be required from time to time
Essential Technical Knowledge / Skills:
- Strong accounting knowledge with a good understanding of the financial consolidation principles is a must
- Experience with fund accounting or fund administration operation experience preferred
- Able to work with auditors independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Persistence / perseverance
- Good operational/technical skill
- Good analytical skills
Personal Qualities (e.g. attributes, attitudes etc)
- Can do attitude
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Able to work during Singapore public holiday
- Staggered working hours