Functional and Data Enterprise Architect
Head of Americas Enterprise Architecture
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
IT Architecture Americas is a transversal team responsible for ensuring the global alignment to the end-to-end control framework over IT decisions, process, and approvals for the Americas region. This team works as an extension to the Global CIB Architecture team with coordination and support from an array of architects and solution designers from various business lines (Global Markets, Corporate Banking, ALMT, BP2S, etc)
Americas Enterprise Architecture coverage consist of
· Functional Area : CIB, IHC, BP2S, IFS (WM & AM), Risk, ALMT, Finance and Compliance
· Geographical : Canada, USA, LATAM (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia)
Responsible for the CIB Functional and Data Architecture Function for the Americas region in collaboration and functionally reporting to Central Architecture team in Paris
· Support and contribute to the global efforts to develop and maintain functional cartography of the information system in various perspectives
· Contribute to the definition and maintenance of “Golden Principles” to be respected within each functional layer and their interactions
· Support strategic evolution of the applications and data architecture landscape
· Maintain of the Business Line Applications List (APM) Review the regional inventory of applications, platforms, processes and their alignment/opportunities to the business strategy and controls
· Contribute to standardize and industrialize the IT services provided
Accountable for supporting the IT and Business Functions
· Assist management and sponsors where necessary with the choice of target architecture for strategic projects involving “Front-to-Accounting”.
· Help project teams to complete the necessary documentation for the purposes of the various Architecture Committees following EAGLE methodology and group governance mandates.
· Ensure the compatibility of accepted choices with the choices already validated in terms of standard application and functional architecture in the Business
Consulted for the Architecture communications plan
· Contribute to the promotion of architecture requirements for projects to ensure their compliance with the CIB Functional and Data standards and BNP Group Standards
· Contribute to the Architecture communication strategy and various operating committees (OpCos) and IT master plans.
· IT strategic plans, changes to global directives for domains, platforms and applications applicable to Americas.
· New policies, procedures and changes to compliancy at Global Level
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's and a Master’s degree from accredited university
- Strong understanding and respect the rules and principles of the EA (Enterprise Architecture)
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in IT including 5 to 8 years of experience as an EA, Functional Architect, management consultant or a functional management lead
- Experience of one or more architecture tools and methodologies such as TOGAF or Zachman
- Excellent problem solving skills, being able to develop solutions to complex requirements
- Strong functional and application architecture modelling and design with a knowledge of development methods and tools
- Ability to understand and summarize complex and/or functional / data issues
- Ability to think and work at both a low level of detail and a high level of abstraction, with an understanding of the interactions and benefits of each.
- Highly developed written communication skills both in document production and development of architecture models
Excellent presentation skills, with experience of presenting complex functional
and strategy concepts to a wide range of stakeholders, understanding their
views and positions and how these views will influence proposed solutions
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of the BNP Paribas group and Americas organization and management
- Deep understanding of the Capital Markets and Global Banking applications and data architectures
- Experience with one of the big four consulting firms or equivalent in similar engagements
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.