Full Stack Java Developer PB
GMIT JAVA Senior Developer – 4-6 years
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
The Global Markets business of BNP Paribas helps its corporate and institutional clients leverage capital markets across the globe for their financing, risk management and investment needs. This encompasses a wide range of financial products ranging from Foreign exchange to complex Equity Derivatives that are traded in financial markets across the globe 24/7. IT systems are integral to the business and are a key part of the value proposition to clients. These IT systems range from industry standard products for standard process automation to internally developed, often, market leading IT applications. The IT teams owning these IT systems are made up of functions that include Technical and Application production support, Business Analysis & Project Management, Development & Maintenance and Quality Control. BNP Paribas India Solutions is an equal partner in these IT functions along with colleagues in other locations including Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore & Hong Kong. This partnership ranges from sharing the IT workload, executing global strategy to owning global applications offshore. The technology and engineering landscape is wide, encompassing almost all techniques and platforms. It continues to evolve and transform with the market with the business continuing to invest in it.
JAVA Senior Developer
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
is a regulatory platform for NAR reporting to SEC, FINRA. It is also used for
internal surveillance and generation of surveillance reports. The users are
based in NAR region and comprise of RRC, Actimize, CM Surveillance teams,
etc. Result oriented Senior Developer with 4 to 6 years of experience, who can work independently, liaise with onshore stakeholders and complete tasks within the timelines. The candidate should be technically inclined and with proven skills in the latest development stack and should be a team player.
1. Application development / support / enhancements / bug-fixing.
2. Demonstrate Good understanding of the Functional aspects of the application
3. Prepare high quality test plans and conduct the tests at Unit and Functional level
4. Conduct Integration tests as required
5. Conduct Regressions tests as required
6. Reporting progress to the Team Lead.
7. Escalation of problems to local Team Lead / management
8. Ensuring that the project and organization standards are followed during various phases of software development life-cycle and day to day development work.
9. Maintain administration tasks; i.e. Jira to record progress against tasks, Wiki for documentation.
10. Meeting deadlines deliverables.
11. Keeping Team Lead appraised of issues that affect the project and the deliverables of the project.
· Sprint & Release Planning
· Monthly Management and Adhoc reporting
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
· Java SDK versions 1.8 (Data Structures, Data Encapsulation and Inheritance, Exception Handling , exposure to newer features i.e. Lambdas, Streams will be preferable)
· Advanced Java SDK versions 1.8 (Multi-Threading, Thread Executor Framework, Transaction Management, etc.)
· Hands-on experience on Hibernate 4/5
· Web services (REST/WSDL)
· Spring 4 (IoC / DI and CORE SPRING features) and exposure with respect to Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring JPA and Spring JDBC
· UI Framework Exposure: Hands-on experience on any UI Frameworks (Angular JS, Ext JS, JQuery, GWT/GXT or similar), willingness to work on GWT/GXT
· SQL / PL-SQL: the database we use is Oracle 12c, hands-on experience on SQL queries, PL/SQL code
· Hands-on experience on writing JUnit test cases using JUnit, Mockito, SpringJUnit, etc.
· Hands-on experience on UNIX environments
· Hands-on experience on Maven, Jenkins & Build/Deployment tools
· Hands-on experience on SVN / GIT / other version tools
· Hands-on experience and exposure to FULL SDLC Lifecycle
· Nice to have – Knowledge of IBM MQ or exposure to any other Middleware technologies
· Nice to have – Knowledge of Perl, Python, Unix SHELL scripting
· Nice to have – Knowledge of Autosys / other scheduling tools like CRON jobs, etc.
· Be able to work locally with peer teams and remotely with BA and project lead.
· Business / Technical spoken and written English.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Ability to deliver / Results driven
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)