Front Office Performance Analyst - US Market
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) provides to its clients financing, advisory and capital markets services. It is a globally recognised leader in many areas of expertise including among others structured financing and derivatives across a variety of asset classes.
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ Capital Markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses seven global business lines; G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will support the teams in response to regulatory requirements, BNP Paribas has established a First Line of Defense Surveillance function within Global Markets (GM) business reporting into Strategy and Risk/COO Americas department.
This newly created function monitors:
- Trading & Sales business activity and electronic Communications, with the objective of deterring, detecting, and preventing Conduct Risk breaches
- Developing automated tools for monitoring and performing customized data analytics
- Escalating potential issues and resolving satisfactorily
- Developing systems capabilities and customizing new systems to meet firm expectations
- Identifying potential conduct risk to BNPP managers
Will be also responsible for supporting the first level of supervision for Sales and Trading teams by:
- Assist in the development of automated tools for monitoring Global Markets Staff and performing customized data analytics
- Assist in the development of systems capabilities and building requirements for new systems to meet firm expectations
- Monitor business activity and electronic Communications, with the objective of deterring, detecting, and preventing Conduct Risk breaches
- Support the teams in NY with AD Hoc requests (reporting, regulatory, etc.)
- Contribute to the design, implementation and refinement of the monitoring procedures to more effectively identify actual or potential conduct risk scenarios
- Monitoring of group electronic communications, blotter reviews, licensing, training requirements
- Ensure procedures are kept up to date and in line with Group level policies
- Maintain supervisory org chart, hierarchies, and approval delegations
- Support infrastructure development in support of supervisory dutie
- Assisting with the creation of reports and documentation for regulatory projects
- Master Degree Finance, Science, Maths, IT & Engineering on Top Tier international Business School
- Experience in investment banking is an advantage
- Must be comfortable manipulating and working with large data sets
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, VBA, Business Intelligence tools (ex. Alteryx or Tableau), and Bloomberg are a plus - Programming skills are a plus
- Ability to work independently with business partners in on boarding new projects
- Understanding of the Fixed Income markets and related regulations and compliance procedures
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure supporting capital markets platforms
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form (English)
- Available to work New York hours (1pm - 10pm)
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Primary Location: PT-11-LisbonJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISEEducation Level: Not indicatedExperience Level: Not IndicatedSchedule: Full-time Behavioural competency: Ability to synthetize / simplifyTransversal competency: Analytical Ability