At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We celebrate a strong diverse team-oriented
culture rich in collaboration, partnership and career advancement. We
offer a comprehensive benefits package, career growth, and an immediate 6% match
on our 401K plan and 100% vesting on day 1. Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing strategic analysis of fraud trends, manages control configuration and provide subject matter expertise on best practices to prevent fraud. Responds to fraud events and coordinating cross business analysis and process enhancements.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Applies fraud prevention best practices and continuously gains in-depth knowledge of various fraud prevention methodologies.
- Develops best practices and processes for fraud scoring rules, strategies, and other business improvements to reduce fraud activity and credit card chargebacks for online (card not present) transactions.
- Defines and documents business requirements, processes and methodologies needed to develop and support fraud prevention systems.
- Collaborates with multiple areas in the Bank to deliver complex fraud prevention projects and manages deliverables from inception to closure.
- Makes recommendations to management for improvements to various projects, tasks, and objectives. Describes business problems/solutions.
- Assists with the development, implementation, and monitoring of fraud prevention initiatives including concentration analysis and establishment of exposure limits.
- Partners with analytics, risk operations and technology groups to identify data sources and develop processes for capturing required data.
- Serves as the project lead on strategic fraud prevention projects
- Participate in integration task forces for future mergers and acquisitions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years in the management of credit card
acquisition and payment fraud controls, models, and platforms.
- Proven in depth analytical and problem solving
ability is essential for the role.
- Prior leadership experience in developing a
layered fraud program with best in class tools and capabilities.
- Thorough understanding of credit reporting
agencies and compliance requirements for credit cards.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Requires 7 years overall minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Statistics, Economics or related field required
- Working knowledge of data analytical
capabilities and tools including Splunk, SAS, SQL, Tableau, and Excel is
- Ability to effectively communicate complex
business cases, projects, issues, relevant KPIs, and fraud trends to Executive
and Senior leadership is a must.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Bank's fraud prevention controls, risk processes, systems and data environments.
#LI-LH1Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Security