At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for a body of work with the objective to analyze, report and improve Bank of the West's (The Bank) financial planning and reporting function. Directs budget/forecast processes and regular and ad hoc analytical activities within the group with the objective of providing insightful and actionable analysis to identify opportunities to improve Bank process, efficiency, profitability, and productivity. Responsible for management reporting to internal consumers as well as board of directors and BNP Paribas (parent company). Shapes the bank's profitability reporting views, with oversight on RAROC, Segment Reporting, and Revenue/Expense/Capital allocations methodology reviews. Ensures meaningful and relevant information while guaranteeing data integrity and accuracy. Drives the FP&A feedback loop taking into consideration actuals, planning, reporting, analysis and improved assumptions for executive management decision making.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Drives the budget and forecast Process, including timing, deliverables, presentation content and target setting with senior management.
- Coordinates with systems and technology teams to drive planning system enhancements.
- Provides strategic insight in the review of the Bank’s performance, including the performance of individual business lines and divisions that are incorporated into the review of monthly results.
- Works with business lines to understand their Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and to incorporate those drivers into the profitability analysis of the Bank.
- Creates strategic analysis of business line/unit profitability that allows for senior management to make strategic decisions regarding the allocation of resources to the business activity.
- Develops analytics regarding the Bank’s transfer pricing gap which includes monitoring the changes in the transfer pricing gap over time to assess the reasonableness of its’ change over time.
- Improves the existing BNP reporting process to ensure that results reported are accurately produced within requisite deadlines, utilize new information systems capabilities (Hyperion), are managed in a controlled process, etc.
- Liaise with parent company BNP Paribas, Bank of the West business lines and Corporate Finance to manage changes to reports and requests. Ensures that changes to reports/requests that become standardized are integrated into the controlled pro
- Establishes Segment Reporting function to help define and implement reporting views required for the bank to manage its profitability.
- Defines methodology for, and oversee, capital allocation to facilitate move toward return on capital analysis and reporting.
- Collaborates with business partners and senior management to improve their understanding and integration of allocations and profitability data into executive review and analytical process.
- Effectively communicates any potential risks of meeting budget/forecast reporting deliverable and deadlines to senior management.
- Liaise with the business, development team and technology on an ongoing basis to enhance the efficiency, accuracy and control over the report production process.
- Coordinates administrative and HR responsibilities for the team.
- Provides coaching, guidance and support, by setting professional development plans to assist employees to reach their full potential.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad management knowledge to lead project teams in one department.
- Typically has mastery level knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with broad understanding of other areas within the job function.
- Requires 10-12 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting or Equivalent
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Significant knowledge of Budgeting/ Forecasting Processes.
- Experience managing a financial reporting function and should have excellent skills in creating controlled production processes, which create efficient, accurate and reliable reporting on a consistent basis.
- Deep understanding of the implications of allocations, including revenues, expenses and capital Product profitability and/or segment reporting experience Strong experience in report writing, business requirement proposals, client interaction, and methodology documentation.
- Solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Track record of improving processes for accuracy, repeatability and control.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills to build strong relationships with business lines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead a team of managers and financial analysts.
- Experience with Hyperion (v9) – including Smartview, Essbase, and Financial Reports.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance