The position is within the Performance Management Pole in the Regional North America platform located in Montreal, under the supervision of the Head of Performance Management.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
- To supervise and manage a team of 7-10 people divided into areas of product or specialized business lines.
- To ensure delivery of all financial data in a timely manner and in accordance with the quality and granularity defined. Perform quality controls.
- To support our internal clients, which includes:
- Production of assigned categories of reports – including Financial Reports, Key Process Indicator (KPI) reporting, and Corporate reporting on a regular basis. - Support and provide explanation on financials.
- Participate in regular Budget & Forecast activities.
- Continuous monitoring of Financial reporting environment to identify and assess changes.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis or project support when needed.
- Coordinate and supervise the tasks of managed personnel and ensure that the team always has the correct level of information and skillset to perform their activities.
- Ensure that cross training and operational back-up is in place for the most critical tasks.
- Allocate workload to teams, including the intake and expectations for ad-hoc requests.
- Serve as point of escalation for issues and prioritization.
- Be in charge of development, production, maintenance and optimization of our models/tools in order to complete the process within a time constrain..
- Perform 1st level of control checks.
- Coordinate team support for budget and forecast activities in accordance to process outlined by FP&A of our affiliate partner.
- Take accountability for efforts to ensure the control and integrity of data populating the tools and reporting.
- Assist management with presentations on the team, projects and KPIs.
- Drive identification of operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Business Administration from reputable university.
- Minimum 7 to 9 years of profitability and/or budget analysis, preferably within Financial Services Industries.
- Personnel management experience required, with staff development and issue escalation necessary.
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Bilingual : English and French
- Advanced Excel skills (including pivot tables, macros and most common Excel functions).
- Experience with Oracle, Hyperion & Essbase financial planning tools, an asset.
- Advanced MS PowerPoint and ability to represent and convey complex concepts.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Ability to synthesize urgent requests into logical, implementable plans that will enable staff to provide services in alignment with quality and timeline expectations.
- Commitment, rigorous in job performance and flexible in order to commit to deadlines set within an international environment.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.