Forex and Money Markets Investigations Officer
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The Forex and Money Market (FXMM) Investigations team is part of the Transversal pole within the Settlement & Controls Department of Global Markets Operations. This team is in charge of the payment incidents management (called “investigations”) of all Foreign Exchange, Precious Metal and Money Market transactions done under BNPP Paris and BNPP London entities by the Global Markets and Asset and Liability Management (ALM) & Treasury Businesses.
The Forex and Money Markets Back-Office is responsible for the administrative and accounting management of all operations regarding FXMM, between BNP Paris, BNP London and BNP Security Services, and their respective clients.
The Back-Office Analysts are responsible for settling the transactions booked by the Traders and Salesmen of trading rooms in Paris, London, Singapore and New York. Our customers include large corporates (French and international), institutional investors, BNP branches around the world, Central Banks and international high street banks.
The main mission of the Investigations Analysts is ensuring the proper reconciliation of the accountings initiated by the FO’s bookings (FX, Money Markets and Precious Metals) including nominals and late-payment fees.
They must also identify potential operational risks and escalate accordingly to the surrounding BO teams and/or their management.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make sure treatment of payment incidents and interest claims process are handled in a timely manner, until they are fully resolved
- Make sure to analyse and escalate to the management incidents involving a major operational failure, in the context of minimising operational risk
- Resolve queries and issues in relation with the relevant departments; understand the importance of effective escalation
- Understand the principles of financial transactions, methods of payments and potential settlement/delivery issues
- Make sure processes are performed according to procedures and taking into account financial, operational, legal and regulatory risk framework
- Make sure settlements are done according to Risk and Compliance Group guidelines/requirements including embargoes/sanctions alert management
- Make sure settlements are done taking into consideration cut-off times and Liquidity Treasury constraints when required
- Perform all tasks with a client focus mind-set: identify issues and improve the services offered to our clients, assist them to meet their needs, improve communications between the bank and its clients, be open-minded and work towards the satisfaction of the clients
- Maintain efficient and close working relationships with all key worldwide internal and external contacts: Correspondent Banks, overseas BNPP Branches, Global Markets & ALM Treasury Front Office, Operations team (Trade support, confirmation & settlement teams, payment investigation Treasury and Liquidity Forecasting, accounting, client management teams ….)
- Responsible on a daily for reporting the status of controls and remaining operational risk on the scope of responsibility
- Active participation to the “team life”: formalisation of team procedure, training, coaching new staff, contribution to improve team efficiency, operational process, IT functionality (submit new ideas/proposals, participate in testing…)
Bachelor degree (mandatory) in Finance, Economics, Management (as preferable)
One to two years of professional experience (preferably in Banking)Good communication skills and client focus
- Fluent in English, fluency in French is a plus
- Knowledge of Foreign Exchange and Money Markets products (plus)
Ability to learn quickly and adaptability in a fast pace work environment
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.