BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In a unique changing world, Flow Trade Process team is the first level of trading control, highly driven to mitigate operational risk. Within Global Market Operations and interacting with desks across the world – New-York, London, Tokyo, Hong-Kong, Paris and Lisbon – Flow Trade Process is in charge for a wide scope of products namely Over-the-counter (OTC) Equities, OTC Vanilla and Listed for European, North American and Asian markets.
Flow Trade Process main mission is:
- Ensure that the OTC operations booked by the Front Office in the Financial Operatio and OPS systems are in line with the broker/external confirmations, sales confirmations or electronic platforms
- Ensure that the electronic trades booked in the FO portfolios match with the trades sent by custodians or broker on D+1
- Guarantee that all Listed Derivative trades booked by the Front Office in the FO and OPS systems are in line with the broker and cleared on the different markets on TD
- Ensure that all give-up trades/early exercise requests are correctly processed by our clearers on the different markets on TD itself
- Guarantee the market trade integrity and reduction of operational risk throughout the entire trade chain
These missions are done in strict cooperation with Sales, Front, Middle, Back Office, PCA, IT and PNL teams.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Control and validation of Over-The-Counter Equity trades
- Ensure that FO booking received in OPS systems is consistent with the trade confirmation received from the broker/external source
- Follow-up of the automatic reconciliations available for Sales trades and OTC traded on MarkitWire platform
- Collect all broker confirmations for OTC trades
- Chase trades booked by FO without a broker confirmation
- Chase confirmations received but with no actual booking detected in the system
- Alert Front Office on all booking errors detected on the financial and non-Financial characteristics.
- Escalate late bookings, missing confirmations and late amendments
- Control and validation of electronic trades
- Validate the results of the reconciliation between electronic trades input in FO system and the electronic trades sent by the custodians.
- Investigate and resolve all breaks detected in the reconciliation between FO booking and custodian data
- Control and validation of Listed derivatives bookings and early-exercise requests
- Validate the bookings of all give-up trades, either manually in the booking system or through some dedicated reconciliation tool
- Monitor all early-exercise requests done by our FO
- Investigate and resolve all breaks on both new trades and early-exercise requests
- Master Degree in Business (Finance, Management, Economics, etc)
- Fluent in English (both oral and written communication)
- Fluency in French is a plus
- Knowledge about Financial Markets is preferable
- Good communication skills
- Details’ oriented and analytical mind-set
- Good organizational skills
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.