About BNP Paribas Group:
“BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships”.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Global Markets - Custody and Clearance
The Global Markets business of BNP Paribas helps its corporate and institutional clients leverage capital markets across the globe for their financing, risk management and investment needs. This encompasses a wide range of financial products ranging from Foreign exchange to complex Equity Derivatives that are traded in financial markets across the globe 24/7. IT systems are integral to the business and are a key part of the value proposition to clients. These IT systems range from industry standard products for standard process automation to internally developed, often, market leading IT applications. The IT teams owning these IT systems are made up of functions that include Technical and Application production support, Business Analysis & Project Management, Development & Maintenance and Quality Control. BNP Paribas India Solutions is an equal partner in these IT functions along with colleagues in other locations including Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore & Hong Kong. This partnership ranges from sharing the IT work load, executing global strategy to owning global applications offshore. The technology and engineering landscape is wide, encompassing almost all techniques and platforms. It continues to evolve and transform with the market with the business continuing to invest in it.
Infinity IT Park - Malad
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Provide a brief description of the overall purpose of the position, why this position exists and how it will contribute in achieving the team’s goal.
- To work closely with the business and end-users in order to understand their requirements and processes.
- To analyse business issues / requests and produce solution options for consideration by the business, end-users and IT development team.
- To produce specifications at an appropriate level of detail that can be interpreted and used by IT development staff.
- To prepare and execute functional testing of all new functionality developed or else to ensure that such testing is comprehensively delegated to a specialist test team.
- To prepare and organize user acceptance testing and manage the UAT sign-off process, including producing any necessary training materials, documentation and end-user and IT Support procedures.
- To ensure the creation of considered work estimates for a development, utilizing agreed best practices.
- To plan specific projects to achieve agreed delivery dates with agreed levels of resources, respecting a formalized planning process. Plans are to be maintained and regularly re-evaluated.
- To manage assigned projects to ensure delivery meets deadlines and is within budget, where "manage" implies tracking and reporting progress, agreeing variations ﴾to scope, deadlines, costs or quality﴿ with project sponsors and stakeholders and ensuring that the plan is maintained.
- To liaise with resources and departments outside the project's direct control which are necessary to ensure the project delivery.
- To build relationships as necessary within and beyond the immediate team to achieve these goals.
- Undertake training programs for the IT team
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Business Domain and Technical:
- A minimum of 4 years of IT business analysis experience
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic front to back trade flow steps and concepts.
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle
- Experience with capturing and documenting user requirements, both explicit and implied
- Experience of writing specifications so as to communicate effectively with a development team
- Structured testing experience (write, execute and maintain test plans)
- Working knowledge of SQL and ability to query database for analysis and investigation of issues
- Knowledge of formal project planning and management techniques
- Ability to work in an autonomous fashion with low-levels of management intervention
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good level of knowledge of MS Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Critical thinking and Decision Making;
- Result oriented;
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Integrating with multi-cultural dimension
Nice to Have
- Exposure to Fixed Income Bonds and Repo financial products and concepts is a plus but not required.
- Some understanding to the trade processing lifecycle (including not necessarily all trading, trade capture, clearing, settlement and accounting), focus on Bond and Repo is a plus.
- Work experience with Broadridge Impact application and data model.
- Work experience in Atlassian JIRA for work management
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Experience of constructing and monitoring formal project plans
- Knowledge of formal software analysis and specification techniques such as state-transition diagrams, workflow diagrams, etc.
- Credible presentation skills, meaning confident public speaking, the ability to abstract or encapsulate information and present it in a way that is appropriate to the needs of different audiences
- Previous experience dealing with and training users from different business areas including Clearance and Settlement, Middle Office, and IT departments
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Graduate with at least 4-6 years of business analysis experience. (MBA capital markets/Finance preferred)
- Experience preferred in investment banking environment (Trade Workflow/ Settlement/Accounting orientated)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Choose an item.
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 3 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)