Financial Systems Analyst- Trainee
BNP Paribas is one of the euro zone’s leading banks, strongly positioned in its two core businesses - Retail Banking, Corporate & Institutional Banking - and present worldwide with nearly 192.500 employees in 73 countries. BNP Paribas has completed 32 years of presence in Portugal, has today more than 4000 employees in Portugal, and is one of the largest foreign institutions in the country.
Recently BNP Paribas established a European finance operations center in Lisbon, with 235 positions, and part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance Services (“GFS”) is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure the publication of financial information and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management.
Within GFS, the Finance Solutions and Services - Sourcing Engineering (FSS-SE) team is in charge of designing and implementing accounting interfaces between Business Lines operations systems and Finance Group systems.
As a Financial Systems Analyst Trainee, you will participate and contribute to the main activities of the FSS-SE team. Working closely with the team based in Paris, this team is responsible for:
- Projects allocated to the respective perimeter
- Ensuring the projects methodology is respected and Group Finance standards are applied
- Writing technical specifications of accounting and extra-accounting schemes and rules
- Implementing and parameterise accounting and extra accounting schemes and rules into the systems
- Performing tests (unit testing, integration testing), while paying special attention to any points that could cause a disturbance once rolled out to the production environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Financial Information Systems or related
• Any previous experience in banking sector or related to Financial Information Systems is a plus
• Knowledge of general accounting and / or banking accounting
• Willing to learn about Financial Information Systems
• Knowledge of Project management tools (eg. CLARITY and ALM-QC) is a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate)
• Knowledge of French is a plus
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
• Strong team spirit