Financial Systems Analyst
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is recruiting for its European Finance Operations Center in Lisbon, part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure its publication and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management.
Within GFS, the Finance Solutions and Services is responsible for evolutions and maintenance of Group financial systems.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As an accounting interface technical designer and tester, you will work closely with the team based in Paris and you will be in charge of:
- Writing technical specifications of accounting schemes and rules;
- Implementing accounting schemes and rules into the systems;
- Performing tests (unit testing, integration testing), while paying special attention to any points that could cause a disturbance once rolled out to the production environment;
- Ensuring that Group Finance standards and the SP methodology (rules and principles written into RDJ implementation, processes) are respected and properly applied;
- Participating to improve current processes on a bottom-up approach to increase the quality of service
- Raise alerts to the Team leader, regarding the budget, planning or methodology;
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems / Accounting / Finance;
- Knowledge of general accounting and/or banking accounting
- Knowledge and appetency for Financial Information Systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and coordination skills ( both oral & written)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Customer orientation skills
- English (B2 Level, CECRL certificate)
- Knowledge of French is a plus
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.