BNP Paribas Cardif insures 100 million clients in the world. As the insurance subsidiary of BNP Paribas, it aims at being the global benchmark for insurance partnerships and the leading provider of personal insurance solutions.
Our people have extensive know-how and experience that creates tangible added value for marketing, actuarial analysis and data management. We have in-depth understanding of our partner distributors and their industries, allowing us to optimize their insurance offering and the experience they deliver for their customers. Detailed knowledge of our partners also lets us provide support for their sales organizations and management of their networks.
We are currently seeking a Financial Software Developer (M/F) – with excellent level of English & good command of French, position based in Porto, Portugal (open-ended contract).
The Financial Software Developer will work on “proximity development” activities. This designates developments and maintenance of Financial or Actuarial tools performed by teams having both technical expertise and business skills in order to be able to provide proximity to the Business users and hence a capacity to swiftly provide fit-to-purpose / business friendly features.
The job is part of the "MOA Quants & Actuarial" team, which works closely with its internal clients (the Actuarial and Finance teams) and also with IT Teams.
- Integrate ongoing projects and take charge of new projects, where he/she will mainly perform "proximity development" tasks as defined above.
- Take charge of evolutions on tools developed on Excel with an important part of VBA codes, and/or Python
- May also have missions to resume development on tools developed in SAS.
- Help the team to ensure the proper takeover of IFRS17 tools.
- Will be twinned with a peer as much as possible in order to ensure redundancy and balance. With this twin, he/she will have to ensure a good understanding of the business needs before encoding them.
- Ensure developments which will then be tested by the peer and alternately he/she will test the developments made by the peer. It will be necessary to make sure to have a crossed operation to obtain a good quality of delivery.
- Ensure the weekly tool monitoring meetings with the Business teams.
The tools could be actuarial or finance tools depending on the priorities defined by management.
- The position is open to all degrees or higher education in any of computer science or a related IT field
- 1 to 3 years of experience on IT/ Financial project management functions
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills (level B2)
- Fairly good ability in French would be appreciated
- Excellent knowledge in Excel with VBA coding
- Excellent knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of SAS
- Strong team interaction capacity
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Good listening and questioning ability
Any Other Additional Requirements:
Willing and able to work outside normal office hours under exceptional circumstances.
This position required availability for a training in Paris (to be confirmed - depending of sanitary situation)
Start date: ASAP
Contract Type: Permanent
Localisation : Porto
If your profile and motivations matches our needs, you feel motivated to join our company do not hesitate in sending us you application, we will be delighted to consider you for this position.
Please note that only applications submitted with CV, Certificate of Studies & Cover letter will be considered and move forward in the application process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients