FINANCIAL RESOURCES ANALYST
CONTEXT AND TEAM DESCRIPTION
Within CIB Finance, RRM (Regulatory Resources Management) team is responsible to provide information allowing balance sheet management, Risk Weighted Assets (RWA), Liquidity and IFRS9/CoR (Cost of Risk) indicators monitoring for all CIB activities (Corporate Banking, Global Markets & BP2S).
The team is in charge of the analysis of the actuals, projections by business line for balance sheet, risk weighted assets, liquidity indicators (NFB, LCR, NSFR, AMM) and the consolidation of the different indicators and reporting to CIB Finance management and SMC (Strategic Management Control) at Group Finance.
The team also ensures compliance with Risk / ALM norms and with Group’s guidelines for CIB activities.
Madrid Finance Service Center (MFSC) aims at:
· Mutualizing financial, management accounting and liquidity reporting production, both at Central and at Regional EMEA level, in order to rationalize finance production processes and optimize operational efficiency within a centralized processing center.
· Reinforce the control set-up, both at Central and Regional EMEA level, and reduce the operational risk.
· Aligning tools, norms & methodologies, processes and deployment of standard CIB Finance applications/systems among the CIB Finance EMEA community.
· Promoting process efficiency and transversality, supporting innovation and developing digitalization, as well as implementing robotics initiatives.
· Strengthening coordination & (2-way) communication among the CIB Finance EMEA community, promoting best practices and knowledge sharing.
· Creating international communities and synergies with other Finance platforms.
The position is within SFM (Strategic Financial Management) – RRM (Regulatory Resources Management) for CIB HO (Head Office) located in Madrid, under the supervision of the department management.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
He/she will perform analysis on CIB Perimeter (and extended BL) on Financial Resources indicators for CIB and Group Management.
Key responsibilities of the role:
· Regulatory and internal reporting analysis on financial resources
· Process improvement (new controls, system improvement)
· Coordination with Business, Regional Finance, ALMT / CIB Corporate ALM, Performance Managers (regions, central), Risk & Group Finance
· Coordination with the MOA in charge of tools
· Coordination for Actual and Forecast/Budget exercises
· Contribution to ad hoc studies (ad hoc analysis, regulatory and methodological changes, etc etc) and Regulator requests in liaison with Group Finance
• Monthly liquidity reporting production (actuals, forecasts, budget plans)
• Monthly liquidity analysis by business lines
• Production support & management (liquidity closings coordination, liquidity manual adjustments and interaction with reconciliation team)
• Production of synthesis analysis for CIB and Group Finance
• Contribution of the synthesis of CIB financial resources indicators (and other dashboard)
• Contribution to the monitoring of methodological and regulatory changes
• Follow-up BL data quality action plan (QAC participation)
• Ad hoc analysis based from Top Management requests
• Process improvement
• Coordination of Forecast and Budget exercise
• Contribute to the BNPP operational permanent control framework
Projects, Systems Support, Operational Process Improvements
• Participate in the upgrades/version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments/enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment
• Assist in identifying operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness. Also assist in integrating and streamlining the reports under the team’s responsibility
• Observe the bank’s policies and procedures
• Participate in staff development and evaluation, as well as staffing operational process (recruiting, hiring, and training). Help ensure that staff’s skills and competencies can support reporting requirements
• Assist in any special project or request as directed by management