Financial Resources Analyst (Liquidity Analyst)
CIB – RRM (Regulatory Resources Management)
January 1, 2020
context and team description
Within CIB Finance, RRM (Regulatory Resources Management) team is responsible to provide information allowing balance sheet management, Risk Weighted Assets (RWA), Liquidity and IFRS9/CoR (Cost of Risk) indicators monitoring for all CIB activities (Corporate Banking, Global Markets & BP2S).
The team is in charge of the analysis of the actuals, projections by business line for balance sheet, risk weighted assets, liquidity indicators (NFB, LCR, NSFR, AMM) and the consolidation of the different indicators and reporting to CIB Finance management and SMC (Strategic Management Control) at Group Finance.
The team also ensures compliance with Risk / ALM norms and with Group’s guidelines for CIB activities.
Oxygen aims at:
- Mutualizing financial, management accounting and liquidity reporting production, both at Central and at Regional EMEA level, in order to rationalize finance production processes and optimize operational efficiency within a centralized processing center.
- Reinforce the control set-up, both at Central and Regional EMEA level, and reduce the operational risk.
- Aligning tools, norms & methodologies, processes and deployment of standard CIB Finance applications/systems among the CIB Finance EMEA community.
- Promoting process efficiency and transversality, supporting innovation and developing digitalization, as well as implementing robotics initiatives.
- Strengthening coordination & (2-way) communication among the CIB Finance EMEA community, promoting best practices and knowledge sharing.
- Creating international communities and synergies with other Finance platforms.
Mission and Objectives
He/she will perform analysis on CIB Perimeter (and extended BL) on Financial Resources indicators for CIB and Group Management.
- Regulatory and internal reporting analysis on financial resources (liquidity)
- Process improvement (new controls, system improvement, proxy to challenge the result)
- Coordination with Business, Regional Finance, ALMT / CIB Corporate ALM, Performance Managers (regions, central), Risk & Group Finance
- Coordination with the MOA in charge of tools
- Coordination for Actual (incl. On-Demand exercise) and Forecast/Budget exercises
- Contribution to ad hoc studies (ad hoc analysis, regulatory and methodological changes, etc etc) and Regulator requests in liaison with Group Finance
- Manage, coordinate and analysis the Monthly liquidity reporting by Regions/Business Lines (incl. actual vs forecast) mainly on Global Banking and BP2S activities
- Perform a synthesis on CIB perimeter (incl. GM) for CIB Management and coordinate/support ad-hoc request from Group
- Synthesis analysis on Forecasts, Budget Plans including the challenge of projections (incl. assumptions and proxy) and consistency between Financial Indicators (RWA vs Liquidity)
- Production Management (including LCR on-demand exercises, interaction with Finance/ALMT teams) by supervision of the process and control input/output in an effective way (automatization).
- Liquidity data quality management and reference framework application
- Contribution of the synthesis of CIB financial resources indicators (and other dashboard)
- Contribution to the monitoring of methodological and regulatory changes
- Follow-up BL data quality action plan (QAC participation)
- Ad hoc analysis based from Top Management requests
- Process improvement
- Contribute to the BNPP operational permanent control framework
- Participate in the upgrades/version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments/enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and trouble-shooting after deployment
- Assist in identifying operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness. Also assist in integrating and streamlining the reports under the team’s responsibility
- Observe the bank’s policies and procedures
- Participate in staff development and evaluation, as well as staffing operational process (recruiting, hiring, and training). Help ensure that staff’s skills and competencies can support reporting requirements
- Assist in any special project or request as directed by management
Training and occupational experience
- Education background: Business School or University graduate, master in Finance/Mathematics
- Minimum 2/3 years of financial and/or management experience, previous experience in a Banking/Finance/Regulatory environment is a plus
- English speaking is mandatory
- Knowledge of Financial Institutions Balance sheet
- Knowledge of Financial Resources and Financial Performance Indicators is a plus
- IT skills : capacity to use several of the following office tools in a proficient manner
=> BI (data story, data management) knowledge is a plus.
=> Tableau, PowerBI, SQL, Python knowledge is a plus.
Skills and behaviours
- Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Rigorous and flexible mindset:
- Strong sense of organization, ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team work & communication skills:
- Actively propose and implement agreed improvements, share knowledge and best practices
- Team player
- Ability to work in a changing and moving environment