BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 35 markets around the world and a global reach covering over 90 markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 30 June 2021, BNP Paribas Securities Services had $14.3 trillion in assets under custody, $2.8 trillion in assets under administration, 9,248 funds administered and over 10,380 employees of more than 100 nationalities.
Department Purpose / Objectives
The Fund Accounting Department has responsibility for a number of different functions inclusive of daily net asset value (NAV) production, periodic oversight controls and production of statutory financial statements. The Department provides such functions for a range of fund types including UK Open Ended Investment Companies, a Property Authorised Investment Fund, Unit Trusts, UK administered Luxembourg SICAVs and life & pension funds.
Purpose & Scope of the Position
To assist with managing the production workflow of periodic financial statements within a team of approximately 3 to 4 staff members and in accordance with client service level agreements.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Preparation and distribution of Client and Auditor meeting agendas and materials
- Creation and management of interim and final period end reporting timetables and workflow planner
- Management of audit logs and ensuring responsiveness to all queries raised
- Close liaison and relationship management with all service providers to the Financial Reporting process
- Responsibility for all key aspects of the financial reporting proofing cycle ensuring correct Client branding, layout and text completeness for both English and other language versions
- Responsibility for circulation of all proofs and collation of feedback and comments for inclusion in subsequent proofs
- Ensuring Client, internal and regulatory change is supplied to Service Providers in a timely manner
- Regular provision of management information on workflow status
- Other administrative functions related to production of Financial Statements
- Adhere to Client KPI’s and service delivery commitments
Risk and Control
- Adherence to procedures and controls in performing allocated tasks
- Assist in documenting procedures and controls for all processes and procedures and ensure adequately maintained
- Input to review of processes to drive improvements and efficiencies whilst mitigating risks
- Adhere to the risk management framework
- Timely escalation of any issues to Assistant Manager and Manager
- Ensure familiar with the business continuity plan
- Ensure corrective and preventative actions are taken where timeliness and accuracy are at risk
- Develop and maintain internal and external Client and stakeholder relationships
- Work closely with Financial Reporting and Fund Owners teams in managing responses to Clients, Auditors and Trustees
Skills and Experience required
Competencies required for the role:
- Strong team player
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Computer literacy including desktop skills (Excel, Word)
- Communication skills both written and verbal
- Good problem solving skills
- Being responsible, reliable and accountable
- Ability to work under pressure calmly and to tight deadlines
Qualifications required for the role:
- Experience working in the Financial Services Sector
- Fund Accounting knowledge
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As an employee with BNP Paribas Securities Services, we want to make sure that you are rewarded for your commitment. As such, you will be entitled to our award winning benefits package which includes home working for up to 50% of your contracted hours, a generous holiday allowance of at least 34 days (including bank holidays), a non-contributory pension of 10%, private healthcare and GP service all as standard, along with a number of personal insurances such as income protection, life assurance and personal accident insurance. We believe in ensuring all our employees have a positive work life balance and so in addition to the core benefits you will also have access to a variety of flexible lifestyle benefits including dental cover, cycle to work schemes, season ticket loans and reduced cinema and gym membership to name a few.