At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Responsible for taking a lead role in ensuring that the assigned business unit policies, procedures and practices align with BoW 2nd line of defense Op Risks and Compliance requirements and providing challenge for continuous enhancements of the BU 1st line of defense set-up.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- To coordinate and support Business Groups in implementing any Compliance, Operational Risk and Permanent Control assessment (RCRA, RCSA …) or program or initiative. Manage the scope and the calendar, facilitate the assessments/implementation, ensure action plan follow-up.
- To work with the assigned Business Group affected by changing laws, regulations or policies to ensure that appropriate changes are implemented
- To support the assigned Business Group to respond to Regulatory / Audit inquiries and coordinate evidence gathering
- To coordinate the risks identification and action plan follow-up
- To coordinate the production and distribution of processes, procedures/policies and make sure of their compliance with 2LOD requirements and BNPP as well
- To coordinate the performance of controls and, if required, to perform testing
- To coordinate and promote the identification and recording of historical operational risk incidents
- To contribute to any Compliance, Internal Control and Operational Risk statement/reporting
- To identify and report/escalation alerts on issues related to Compliance, Operational Risk and Permanent Control
- To work in close collaboration / Liaise with Compliance, Op Control and Audit team – and contribute to 1st LOD governance structure
- Disseminates all Compliance information and requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
May have broad knowledge of project management.
Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration or related field
- To be the main point of contact and interface in CBG for 2LOD, 3LOD and Regulatory Relations regarding the management of all audits and their related issues/findings.
- To work directly with CBG 1LOD Head in assisting him on various regulatory, risk or other projects as needed.
- To coordinate and support Business Groups in managing their issues and findings, whether self-identified or assigned by internal or external parties.
- To work with the assigned Business Group affected by audit results to ensure that appropriate responsible parties are identified and that remediation plans are implemented by the agreed upon due dates.
- To support the assigned Business Group to respond to Regulatory / Audit inquiries and coordinate evidence gathering.
- To coordinate and promote the identification and recording of self-identified issues.
- To identify and report/escalation alerts early enough on any findings or issues that bear the risk of being remediated late or not being remediated satisfactorily.
- To work in close collaboration / Liaise with Compliance, Risk, Audit and Regulatory Relations teams, and contribute to 1st LOD governance structure, organization and efficiency regarding the management of issues and findings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-City of IndustryJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management