BNP Paribas Personal Finance is committed to creating responsible consumer finance solutions that customers trust and help our partners grow. With the backing of a global bank we’ve exciting growth ambitions to double the size of the business by 2020 you’ll be joining a dynamic business which provides people with opportunities to make it happen in a high energy environment.
Our Finance teams are responsible for controlling and reporting all income and spend for each of the business areas. They’re also responsible for developing corporate financial strategy, consolidation and management reporting of corporate data, accounting & cash management, financial controls, and tax management.
What is the job?
As Financial controller, you will provide support to Financial Accounts Manager in the areas of statutory reporting, balance sheet reviews, reporting to shareholders, reporting to retail partners and completion of government returns.
Key responsibilities will include:
1. Monthly reporting
- Ensure the Management accounts are prepared and presented in accordance with applicable accounting standards;
- Ensure that group accounting policies are followed;
- Responsible for the maintenance of the fixed asset register and control of the capital expenditure process ensuring adherence to Group policies;
- Responsible for all inter-company accounts and reconciliations;
- Coordinate monthly reconciliation process and ensure balance sheet accounts are reconciled in a timely manner;
- Communicate auditor requirements to other departments and ensure audit deadlines and Group reporting obligations are adhered to.
- Assisting with Tax returns and tax submissions.
2. Reporting to shareholders
- Responsible for preparation and submission of monthly accounting information required by the shareholders via Group reporting tools for consolidation according to Group reporting timetable;
- Communicate auditor requirements to other departments and ensure audit deadlines and Group reporting obligations are adhered to;
- Review of other Group reporting requirements, for example, quarterly fixed assets returns and other balance sheet information requested.
3. Compliance returns
- Responsible for completion of external reporting to Financial Conduct Authority, Finance and Lease Association and National Statistics.
- Review and ensure timely submission of quarterly Mastercard returns and quarterly partner certificates.
- Provide support in the organisation and management of external process. Ensuring auditors’ requests are actioned in a timely manner.
- Be able to cover all key tasks in the department including the supervision and training of assistant accountant
- Share knowledge and training within Finance to increase overall effectiveness of the department
- Use the right level of communication within the business in order to be responsive and efficient
What we are looking for:
- ACA/ACCA and PQE qualification
- Banking and Financial or Services experience is desirable
- Ability to liaise and influence all levels of management and work with other departments
- Knowledge in UK GAAP, IFRS and UK Taxation methodology
- Proven experience in analysing and interpreting financial information
- Experience in a highly regulated environment
- Experience of motivating and coaching teams would be beneficial
Benefits: As well as offering you a competitive salary, we offer (among others) 25 days of holidays a year, contributory pension scheme, bonus, life insurance and private medical insurance.