Financial Applications Administrator Trainee
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been the first foreign bank to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas is recruiting for its European Finance Operations Center in Lisbon, part of the Group Finance function. Group Finance is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial information in order to ensure its publication and to provide Executive Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial management.
Within GFS, the Finance Solutions and Services – Application Support area is responsible for evolutions and maintenance of Group financial systems.
As Financial Applications Administrator trainee, you will participate and contribute to the main activities of the FSS-AS area.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrative support to several finance tools
- Ensure the administration and the parameters tables updates of the systems
- Ensure end user support to Corporate & Local Management controllers Profitability Reporting Solutions team
- Support monthly and yearly financial closing activities on different platforms
- Referential administration (creation of new cost centres, new purchase order, …)
- Control the consistency of data input, Monitor data sourcing, perform analysis of rejected data, inform stakeholders and customers
- Inspect and control updates of sensitive data and operate in place of customers
- Provide the accesses to the users and Review the periodicals jurisdiction for all perimeters (ex. RACF)
- Follow-up on production support, incident management, and prepare reporting
- Contribute to the Data Quality program by applying Quality & integrity criteria to his/her perimeter/scope of responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Management / Banking / IT Management
- Knowledge of general accounting and / or banking accounting is a plus
- Language: English (B2 Level, CECRL certificate)
- Knowledge of French is a plus
- Analytical mind, planning & organisation skills
- Excellent attention to details
- Strong communication skills (both orally and writing)
- Pro-active attitude with ability to work in a fast changing and demanding environment
- Team spirit and at ease with multi-tasking
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered