Financial Analyst/Financial Accountant for Accounting & Reporting Team – m/f/x
Want to help shape the bank of tomorrow today?
Always been curious to have a global view on the activities of the largest bank in Belgium and to understand how economic events impact the business? Interested in producing, analysing, and reporting the financial figures behind those activities in a comprehensive way to our different key stakeholders? Well, let’s take this opportunity and join us!
Your future job
Us, that’s the Accounting & Reporting team
Meeting the expectations of our stakeholders (senior management, regulators, BNP Paribas Group, external auditors …) is in our DNA. The department Accounting & Reporting receives, controls, corrects and validates the financial figures delivered by the many businesses and functions of the bank. We follow, prepare, consolidate, analyse and comment a wide range of financial reports. These reports give a helicopter view on the banking activities or zoom in into one or more specific aspects of the bank’s activities.
Accounting & Reporting is preparing itself to absorb many future challenges driven by new regulations, increasing demands, continuous evolutions in the banking sector, etc. In this context, we’re looking for financial analysts and/or experienced accountants which want to take part of these future challenges with a capacity to invest & develop their bank accounting & reporting skills (financial instruments, tax, defined benefits, consolidation…) . You will also support the team in the production of qualitative internal and external financial reports (Annual and semi-annual reports, FinRep/CoRep, Schema A, analytical reviews…). The candidate will become one of the key contributors of the department. A relative small team in its shape, but with a big impact on the bank!
Leverage on your strengths by
- having an experience of 3-4 years in an audit firm or similar in a financial institution
- having a relevant Master’s degree and a good knowledge of accounting and IFRS standards
- your second nature of challenging & analysing financial figures and your drive to deliver internal and external reports with the required level of quality.
- your continuous eagerness to learn more about accounting & financial engineering and your ability to translate it in (crisp & clear) financial reports.
- your flexibility and your spirit to deal with deadlines.
- strong coordination & communication skills in order to work with teams located abroad.
- an autonomous way of working and desire to propose improvements in existing processes and reports.
- using your analytical mindset and skills to write and synthetize comments in a fluent way.
- speaking and writing fluently in English, Dutch and French.
- excelling your Office skills to produce and analyse data files
Your future workplace
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities for both personal and professional development to spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive remuneration.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
- And last but not least, a challenging and fascinating job.
Choose BNP Paribas Fortis now and apply here.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!