At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for supporting Finance Operations team with operations and analytics. Performs a variety of complex duties including the collection and analysis of data from reports and various sources; performs statistical analyses.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes and interprets data to compile statistical reports
- Performs monthly review and evaluation of Finance Group KPIs and KRIs
- Support the budgeting process of the Finance Function in collaboration with FP&A
- Independently completes assigned financial requests
- Support the collection and documentation of the Finance Opinion including risk assessment with regards to key initiatives
- Supports the Control and Governance Team in the preparation of materials for distribution to Board of Directors
- Works in close collaboration / liaise with Finance team members and Operational Risk on various operational risk activities
- Contributes to 1LOD governance structure and operational practices
- May lead projects as assigned by Head of Finance Operations
Other Job Duties
- Will offer coverage across team and provide surge support to primary Finance Operation functions. Provide training and guidance to less-experienced staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Finance/Economics
- Familiarity with GAAP and IAS/IFRS accounting rules as they apply to Bank investment portfolios.
- Familiarity with Bank regulatory guidelines.
- Complete knowledge of financial analysis and principles of economics of financial and cost accounting.
- Complete knowledge of financial institution balance sheet, profit and loss and analysis techniques
- Expert in Excel charting Excellent Power Point presentation ability
- Demonstrated ability to develop solutions to highly complex and diverse analytical problems which requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factor
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and analysis
- Ability to work well with others in a dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Appreciation of a tight control process, ability and willingness to clearly document tools, results and other products of work
- Open mind and ability to quickly assimilate and understand unfamiliar information; and willingness to help and take assignments outside of the immediate area of responsibility
- Ability to create innovative solutions Ability to deal with changes, ambiguity, and uncertainty Organized and attentive to detail Self-starter and highly motivated.
- Able to manage multiple products, and effectively prioritize workload when dealing with multiple deadlines
- Time Management and organizational leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams
- Strong professional communication and presentation skills
- Writes and maintains operating procedures of various processes
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA)