At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Job Description Summary
Meets with clients over the phone and using digital tools to provide retirement
planning strategies for Mass Affluent clients ($250,000 - $ 5 MM) by assessing
the client's past, present and future financial needs, objectives and
requirements. Meets needs by proactively building relationships with clients,
providing ongoing advice and drawing on the range of available R&I products
by using the BOW pitch book, playbook and conducting in-depth Premier Retirement
checkup analysis for clients. Initiates and proactively cultivates
relationships with other WMG partners and bank partners, including Branch
Managers and others.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides financial strategies for client financial
needs by collecting and analyzing client financial data to determine which
products best meet the client’s financial needs, and providing advice to
the client as to what investment products are in the client’s best
- Acts as a fully integrated “Subject Matter Expert” for
Investments and Advisory Services & Life Insurance in the Wealth
Management Group 360 degree client experience.
- Partners with Relationship managers to provide
outstanding overall Wealth Management Group 360 degree client experience
for all accounts with assets above $250K up to $5MM.
- Creates financial plans for customers and deepens
relationships with existing book of business clients.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the bank’s products
and offerings, and promotes these products and offerings amongst clients
- Provides outstanding customer service by following up
on any client service request.
- Fulfills all regulatory and firm compliance obligations
as detailed in policies, procedures and regulations.
- Collaborates with WMG, BOTW and RBG partners.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible to grow IAS book of business to meet and
exceed annual goal levels.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically
obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Licenses & Certifications
- Series 7, Series 65 or 66 & Life/Variable/Accident
& Health Insurance Required
- Knowledge of securities and financial industry; Bank
products and service knowledge desired.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with
- Good knowledge of mass market segment investment needs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS office software (Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint) and ability to navigate easily through Internet
- Knowledge and experience with various analysis &
planning tools to include MoneyguidePro, EnvestNet analytics, Trust
Service analytics and other tools.
- Excellent communication skills required in verbal and
written communication, customer service, planning, organizational and
Good understanding of Wealth management model and team
capabilities including a working knowledge of: How trust can be used for legacy
planning; Stock option planning; Gift planning Financial planning to include
retirement and cash flow planning Experience with Advisory platforms;
Familiarity with all investment products offered within WMG Proven track record
with Life Insurance including a working knowledge of how insurance can be used
i.e., wealth protection, Liquidity Creation, Wealth accumulation, Wealth
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Advisory Services