At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing a portfolio of wealth management clients from across the country as part of the Bank’s new Investor Center (a centralized, digital relationship management and financial advice team), located in Tempe, Arizona. Meets with clients over the phone and using digital tools to provide retirement planning strategies for clients by assessing the client's past, present and future financial needs, objectives and requirements. Proactively builds relationships with clients, providing ongoing advice and drawing on the range of available Retirement & Investment products by using the BOW pitch book, playbook and conducting in-depth Premier Retirement checkup analysis for clients. Initiates and proactively cultivates relationships with other WMG partners and bank partners, including Branch Managers and others.
Essential Job Functions
Provides financial strategies for client financial needs by collecting and analyzing client financial data to determine which products best meet the client’s financial needs, and providing advice to the client as to what investment products are in the client’s best interest.
- Creates financial plans for customers and deepens relationships with existing book of business clients.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the bank’s products and offerings, and promotes these products and offerings amongst clients as appropriate.
- Provides outstanding customer service by following up on any client service request.
- Fulfills all regulatory and firm compliance obligations as detailed in policies, procedures and regulations.
- Provides product training to and promotes products amongst bank branch personnel in conjunction with BWIS/WMG Management.
- Collaborates with WMG, BOTW and RBG partners.
Other Job Duties
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Licenses & Certification
- Series 7, Series 65 or 66 & Life/Variable/Accident & Health Insurance Required
- Knowledge of securities and financial industry; Bank products and
service knowledge desired.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with diverse
- Good knowledge of mass market segment investment needs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS office software (Word, Excel, and
PowerPoint) and ability to navigate easily through Internet based systems.
- Knowledge and experience with various analysis & planning tools
to include MoneyGuide Pro, EnvestNet analytics, Trust Service analytics
and other tools.
- Excellent communication skills required in verbal and written
communication, customer service, planning, organizational and making
Good understanding of the
wealth management model and team capabilities including:
How trusts can be used
for legacy planning; Stock option planning; Gift planning; Financial planning
to include retirement and cash flow planning; Experience with Advisory
platforms; Familiarity with all investment products offered within WMG; Proven
track record with Life Insurance including a working knowledge of how insurance
can be used i.e., wealth protection, Liquidity Creation, Wealth accumulation,
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Advisory Services