At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference... Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
The Finance Transformation office Canada is part of the Finance Chief Operating Office for North America. It ensures that appropriate solutions are put in place for the Finance (accounting) and Tax organization to meet their business objectives and streamline their processes. The team acts as the bridge for the Finance and Tax organization to various departments within the BNP Paribas group, mainly the Business, PMO and Technology organizations in New York, New Jersey, Montreal, Mumbai, London and Paris.
The team works simultaneously on a wide range of projects arising from business and regulatory changes and strategic initiatives. The team also manages the Digital program for Finance, which aims at creating efficiencies and reducing operational risks across all F&T teams.
The project manager will manage a large scope of projects. This entails:
- Internal Finance projects, where various Finance teams need to be coordinated to reach an internal goal (organization topics, internal requests from the Group, internal requests from the CFO executive committee).
- Digital projects, where Finance processes are being automated and streamlined.
- Regulatory projects, where Finance reporting is adapted to meet Regulatory requirements for Head office reporting
- Business Projects, where Finance systems are adapted to handle new products or needs coming from Front Office or ALMT
The project manager will coordinate with Fresh and internal stakeholders across F&T to ensure on-time quality delivery of the projects. (S)he will:
- Establish and conduct meetings to communicate objectives, expectations, project roles, status updates, track open issues, and work with all groups and clients to resolve issues as required.
- Scope project and develop Implementation Project Plan
- Gather and report project costing, identify risks and develops risk mitigation plans.
- Develop measurable project goals and objectives and monitor progress toward achievement.
- Drive implementation consistency and quality through execution of project management best practices.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path items while ensuring project quality
- Develop detailed project plans including documentation, testing and executing protocol, tasks, budgets, timelines, and status metrics.
- Lead project post mortems and communicate lessons learned in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Good knowledge of Project Management processes and workflow (PMP and/or Scrum Master certification is a plus)
- Experience in management consulting or project management (5 to 10 years) – experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely to audiences of varying technical or accounting levels.
- Ability to work effectively in geographically dispersed cross-functional teams.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- University degree in Finance/Accouting and/or
- Significant experience in Management consulting or project management
FINRA Registrations Required:
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site - please contact us by email canada_recrutement [at] ca.bnpparibas (dot) com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **