In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
Accurate accounting treatment and effective controls within the Finance function are essential to an organization’s success. It is imperative for a Finance team (one of the largest and most diverse users of data across a bank) to put in place the frameworks and tools necessary to meet these requirements.
Being part of the Finance Permanent Control team, the primary purpose of this role is to act as representative for APAC Regional Finance to act as the 1st line of defense in the APAC Finance Control framework, covering functions such as reporting, tax, procurement, outsourcing, data etc. This role will be exposed to a variety of experiences including accounting, advisory, project management, and framework implementation.
This role will report into the Head of Finance Permanent Control and focus on accounting advisory and control topics, and will be expected to assist the team on other permanent control and Financial Accounting topics.
- Drives the risk identification and ensure effective implementation of RSCA (Risk and Control Self-Assessment) framework.
- Designs, defines and updates control plan according to outcome of risk assessment, regulations and other risk events.
- Coordinates the implementation of operational controls, analysis of control results and formalization of analyses.
- Ensures that control results are reviewed and analyzed by the Entity Management and when relevant by operational teams/relevant stakeholders and that remediation action plans are defined if and, when needed.
- Inputs in Group tools the control results and major action plans and follows up on the implementation of remediation actions.
- Manage control related projects such as testing, control plan design and implementation, and Finance system data flow.
Incident and Recommendation
- Manages the historical incidents – collect, report in Group database, analyse, follow-up and perform controls on incident collection process.
- Follow-up of the findings and recommendations closure including internal and external auditor recommendations involving APAC Finance.
Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
- Contribute to projects related to the implementation of accounting standards and participate in any ad hoc Finance Permanent Control projects.
- Identify efficiency in the process & open to transformation & changes
Technical & Behavioural Competencies
- Knowledge on banking/CIB products and process
- Control oriented background
- Good communication skills and ability to foster good working relationships including outside of Finance.
- Hunger to learn new process and data flows in a complex banking environment.
- Excellent skills in Excel/ Word
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Qualified CPA member or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in Finance management.
- Fluent in English and Chinese