BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
With a strong presence of almost 7.000 employees working in Europe, Asia and the United States and €363 billion of assets under management as of December 31st, 2017, BNP Paribas Wealth Management (“WM”) is a global leader of the Private Banking industry.
Head Office WM Finance is responsible for organizing the financial processes, consolidate and follow the performance of more than 25 WM sites: commercial activity, financial performance (P&L), capital consumption, headcount, liquidity, among others.
Looking for excellence (very high quality of services)., WM has created within BNP Paribas Portugal, a dedicated Finance Team in Lisbon in order to support the Head-Office Finance team in Paris.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
For each financial process (monthly closing quarterly forecast or yearly Budget)
• Send instructions to the countries
• Receive and consolidate financial and non-financial information and comments from the sites
• Provide a first level of control on the data
• Remind and insist with the countries for missing / incorrect information
• Upload financial information into the Head Office financial systems
• Report anomalies to Head Office
• Help improving the data quality
• Be the backup of another team member
IT projects costs:
• Receive project advancement information from IT department
• Calculate, validate with Head Office and book in the reporting systems a set of financial elements about IT projects per project and per country
• Send the information to each country
- Update procedures and operating manuals
- Control the quality of the service provided
- Participate to the team’s projects
- Graduate degree in Economy, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting
- 1st experience in audit or in the Banking or Insurance sector would be appreciated
- Analytical skills, ability to summarize and report, quick learner and adaptable
- Knowledge of financial instruments is a plus, especially for multidimensional reporting tools (like TM1, Essbase, etc.)
- Fluent in English
- French fluency is a plus
- Good interpersonal skills and communication
- Adaptability and polyvalence
- Rigorous and autonomous
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.