WHO ARE WE?
BNP PARIBAS CARDIF, the Insurer for a Changing World.
We are the world leader in the creditor insurance market with strong positions in savings and protection insurance in more than 30 countries all around the world.
Part of BNP Paribas Cardif, European Service Center - Cardif Services is a European Platform of Services dedicated to providing other BNP Paribas Cardif entities with a diversity of processes and services connected to insurance activity. We aim to bring excellence to our internal clients, ensuring highest levels of efficiency and reliability. With over 480 employees and 6 working languages, we are a multicultural and a diverse team, operating in Porto and Lisbon, Portugal.
We are currently looking for a FINANCE AND ACTUARIAL BUSINESS ANALYST AND TOOLS DEVELOPER (M/F), based in Oporto.
BE PART OF OUR DYNAMIC FINANCE AND ACTUARIAL BUSINESS ANALYST ANT TOOLS DEVELOPMENT TEAM
Within the Financial Business Unit in Cardif Services, the job consists in providing Cardif Financial and Actuarial (Business) Teams with new-dedicated business tools and/or enhancing their existing business tools.
The Job is actually part of an experienced and recognized team devoted to “Quants & Actuarial business tools” development activities, split between Oporto and Paris and working closely with its internal clients (the Actuarial and Finance teams) in an Agile mode.
Hence, the expected skills are a balanced combination of "business" code development ability (i.e. the business /upper layers of the tools, IT teams being responsible for the “IT service” layers used) and a “Business sense” providing an ability to easily understand the ground of the Financial & Actuarial Business teams’ expectations.
YOUR FUTURE MISSION IN THE TEAM
- Within the team, you will overtake developments and/or project responsibilities in order to quickly provide value to the Finance and Actuarial Business Teams.
- You will be twinned with a peer in order to ensure redundancy and balance. You will together ensure a good understanding of the business needs before encoding them via sprints, to then implement a cross testing principle.
- You will hold daily or weekly meetings with the Business teams as well as with the team management.
AS OUR NEW BUSINESS ANALYST AND TOOLS DEVELOPER, YOU ARE EXPECTED TO HAVE:
- University degree in computer science or a related field (Education),
- Proven knowledge and development experience with Excel VBA and Python (Core competence)
- Skills in Financial and Actuarial activities (Core competence)
- Good communication skills and self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities (Human Skills)
- Good English (must have) & French oral (nice to have) and written communication skills (Language)
WHAT DO WE OFFER
Besides our attractive salary, you will benefit from:
- Meals allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Child allowance
- Private Health Insurance including spouse and descendants, Life Insurance, Travel Insurance
- Hybrid working mode – a balance between office days to reinforce commitment, creativity and human links, and homeworking days for flexibility of the employees
- Continuous development and career growth opportunities on a local and global level
- And much more…
The work environment is important!
- Benefit from our modern amenities, including zen and creative rooms amongst others, many discounts from our group platform, free language courses, doctor on-site & remote and diverse company events,
- Work in a multicultural environment with multiple nationalities,
- Be part of a people care company with a strong & continuous growth investing in its employees through training and career opportunities.
Our commitments to you
• Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas Cardif is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
• Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas Cardif we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
• Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas Cardif, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment.
If your profile and motivations matches our needs and you feel motivated to join our company, do not hesitate in sending us you application.
We will be delighted to consider you for this position.