Associate Trust Officer- Wealth Management
Job Description Summary
Responsible for primarily performing advanced, complex, diverse, and confidential administrative Trust support duties. Requires thorough knowledge of Trust, policies, programs, business, and organization of Trust department. Must demonstrate tact, professionalism, diplomacy, discretion, independent judgment, and take initiative on assignments and communications of a highly sensitive client information.
Essential Job Functions
- Handles the day-to-day administrative duties, monitors deadlines and follows up on pending matters. Processes and maintains information of a highly complex and confidential nature dealing with issues of substantial importance to the Company.
- Inputs and retrieves data utilizing knowledge of various Trust computer software packages. Prepares extensive correspondence, reports, memoranda, special projects, technical Trust documents, and related materials for Trust team.
- Initiates checks, prepares transfers, wires, stop payments, security pricing/transfers, cost basis adjustments, opening and closing accounts, cash management, and address changes for clients.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, opens mail, orders supplies, scans documents and maintains offsite storage facility.
- Assists with responding to client portfolio online questions, coding accounts with collateral and processing transactions using estate planning software.
- Oversees and updates compliance spreadsheets, consults with Trust officers for input and coordinates court accounting requests.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and facilities which may include travel and lodging arrangements.
- Prepares fee exception, client payroll, and discretionary requests for clients.
- Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required Experience
- Requires broad Trust knowledge of operational systems and practices typically gained through extensive Trust experience and/or education.
- Requires 5 years minimum Trust experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Bachelor's degree
- Thorough knowledge of Trust procedures with demonstrated advanced administrative skills.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Trust policies and practices of the Company.
- Advanced personal computer skills (Trust Desk), Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative with little direction, to identify issues requiring attention, and to initiate and manage complex projects.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.