At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
This position can either be in Los Angeles or Newport Beach!
Job Description Summary
The Fiduciary Associate role supports a team of Fiduciary Officers who are responsible for approximately 300 trust relationships and $400MM in assets. Central to success will be demonstration of strong client service skills and development of strong working relationships with both Fiduciary team members, as well as, other Wealth Management Group team members. Responsible for primarily performing specialized, moderately complex and diverse trust administrative support duties and secondarily, more general support duties. Requires good working knowledge of practices, policies, programs, and business. Assignments include initiation of, or participation in, various projects, including researching information, providing analysis, and compiling data to convey relevant information.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides assistance in the day-to-day trust administration of the Global Investments and Fiduciary Solutions team, and follows up on pending matters.
- Inputs and retrieves data utilizing knowledge of various computer software packages. Prepares correspondence, reports, memoranda, special projects, technical papers, and related materials for team staff. Formats documents and determines page layout and selection of different fonts.
- Initiates and researches information, compiles statistics, gathers, analyzes, and summarizes data for projects or complex trends and status reports and studies. t.
- Receives and screens telephone calls, mail, and visitors. Routes callers, takes messages, and answers questions relating to the Global Investments and Fiduciary Solutions team’s function. May interact with Company clients to schedule appointments, answer questions, and resolve moderately complex issues. May act as information source for the team and clients.
- Composes letters and memoranda from verbal direction or knowledge of Company's policies and procedures.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and facilities which may include travel and lodging arrangements.
- Orders office supplies. Prepares and processes unit purchase requisitions and vendor invoices.
- Organizes and maintains files, correspondence, records, and other documents.
- Performs special assignments and project work as needed.
- May take minutes of staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires broad knowledge of operational systems and practices typically gained through extensive experience and/or education.
- Requires 3+ years minimum experience.
- Associate's Degree
- Thorough knowledge of general office procedures with demonstrated advanced administrative and secretarial skills.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the banking industry and the policies and practices of the Company.
- Advanced personal computer skills necessary to format reports, presentations, spreadsheets, graphics, et cetera.
- Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative with little direction, to identify issues requiring attention, and to initiate and manage complex projects.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.