BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 countries with more than 198,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional
Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of
our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can
offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Financial Institutions Coverage (FIC) is a global coverage group specialising in the Financial Institutions sector.
Overall Job Purpose
Assisting and supporting FIC Corporate Finance bankers in their efforts to market and execute M&A and ECM transactions on a European wide basis with a strong focus on insurance markets and on Spain.
Marketing & pitching books
- Responsible for preparing pitching books under the supervision of the D / VP
- Responsible for presentation aspects (master book)
- Propose first draft of selected slides and sections based on outlines made by D / VP
- Deliver specific sections during the presentation to the client
- Stay involved / informed after the pitch and keeps analysts informed
- Ensure high quality standards and reliability of all marketing materials (including Analysts’ work)
- Responsible to D / VP of entire parts of an execution
- Responsible for valuation / modelling
- Directly in charge of the most complex analyses (Merger model, LBO, complex Business Plans)
- Coach and supervise analyst on basic modelling (multiples, Dividend Discount Models, etc)
- Interact directly with clients and with other advisors (lawyers, co advisors,…) at an appropriate level
- Ensure high quality standards and
reliability of all materials
(including Analysts’ work)
- Check with rigour and take full responsibility and ownership of all outputs from Analysts
- Responsible for all analyses done by Analysts
- Circulate information to senior and junior members of the team
- Organise work process with analysts and manage workload
- Contribute to recruitment and training of Analysts
- Contribute to recruitment, training and coaching of interns
- Can be required to supervise specific internal projects
Responsible for monitoring industry developments that might result in a change of client dynamics:
- To build detailed understanding of Investment Banking products relevant to Financial Institutions.
- Be alert for opportunities to apply product specific solutions to other part of the client base.
- Identify issues and opportunities that clients may face from implementation of regulatory and other changes and directives.
- Deliver parts of presentation to a client in a professional, articulate way
- Demonstrate market-standard skills in drafting for all kinds of presentation and marketing documents
- Express his/ her opinion on a situation, even when conflicting, in an articulate an reasonable way
- Ensure an efficient communication by a good level of listening / questioning / exposing ideas
- Proficient in English as a second language
- Show commercial skills and ability to build relationships at an appropriate level of seniority
- Understand client expectations and how to manage them
- High motivation, availability and dependability and total commitment to all projects
- Ability to maintain commitment under pressure
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial techniques
- Understanding of major legal and tax issues / documentation on various types of transactions
- Excellent knowledge of insurance financial analysis and valuation
- Basic knowledge of structuring issues
- Strong analytical mind, numerical and problem solving skills
- Exhaustive modelling skills (DDM, multiples, LBO model, Merger model, value creation analyses…)
- Perfect knowledge of process and key steps for major type of transactions
- Mastering of M&A and ECM techniques and procedures
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
Knowledge of regulatory and rating agency environment towards sector:
Understanding of changes that would affect a client
group's capital calculations,
- requirements and trading directions
- Providing sector, regulatory, ratings and client specific input in support of client strategy and marketing
- Demonstrate good organisation skills
- Able to define required actions with a good sense of prioritization and progress control
- Able to organise own work and Analysts’ work accordingly
- Demonstrate rigour and reliability for own work and ability to conduct quality checks for delegated work
- Coach analysts efficiently
- Anticipate conflicting organisational issues and come up with appropriate suggestions
- Allocate tasks properly in a clear manner
- Give feedback
- Experience working in FIC gained in Investment Banking
- Strong working knowledge of the banking environment.
- Good / Strong product knowledge offered by an investment bank.
- Strong knowledge of the insurance industry
- Actuarial background appreciated
- Fluency in Spanish required
Deadline to apply: 27TH of June 2019