BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 countries with more than 198,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
The Financial Institutions Coverage has the Group Group-wide mandate to generate sustainable revenue growth by driving the global client strategy and senior relationship management for a select group of strategic Financial Institutions (FIG clients).
The Group Goal, and the aim is, that FIC positions itself as a trusted advisor for FI’s, recognised within the Group as a key business enabler and in the banking industry as best-in-class, enabling profitable business with high potential clients, by working efficiently in partnership with stakeholders, while adhering fully to risk and compliance policies.
Purpose of the position
The successful candidate will be a mid to senior corporate financier in the Financial Institutions coverage group (“FIC”) reporting to the Managing Director responsible for the UK and Ireland. The role will be to work closely with the Head of UK FIC and drive both marketing and execution of M&A and Equity Capital Markets for UK clients. The role will require strong technical knowledge of all 5 main sub-sectors of Financial Services, namely Banking, Specialty Finance, Asset/Wealth Management, Insurance and Fintech and the ability to execute transactions in the sector to the highest professional standards. The role will also increasingly involve business origination and the successful candidate will be expected to develop his/her own client relationships over time.
As a mid to senior member of the UK FIC team, the role will involve training, mentoring and managing juniors. The successful candidate will be expected to supervise and take responsibility for all marketing an execution within the team in addition to managing client relationships on a case by case basis in close cooperation with the Managing Director
Business & Clients
- In cooperation with the Head of UK FIC Corporate Finance, leading strategy coverage and deal execution on UK and Irish financial services clients in primarily banking, specialty finance and asset/wealth management
- Reporting to the Head of Global and Head of UK/Ireland FIC Corporate Finance
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good Conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure
- Take responsibility for your team’s conduct and conduct risks’’
Essential personal skills
· Effective communicator who can align people to the broader vision for the business whether they are directly managed or simply influenced by the individual in question
· Communicates pro-actively with management, escalating issues as necessary.
· Displays dedication & prioritises problems by considering the impact on the business; identifies quick-wins
· Stays calm and positive, controls his/her emotions in conflict or any situation of intense stress (due to market, time or client pressure).
· Ability to undertake a number of issues simultaneously is essential as well as the ability to work under considerable pressure
· Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever changing environment
· Thinks laterally to identify other sources of useful information and sees ways around obstacles and barriers.