In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
• To play the role of a P&L controller in the Global Markets (Fixed Income) P&L team, managing daily work issues and contribute to the kaizen approach of the team.
1.Responsible for the preparation and analysis of P&L for Rates and FX desks:
- by investigating any abnormal swing of the daily P&L;
- by reconciling Step-Reval and Risk-Based attributions with Official P&L;
- by performing risk-based economic analysis and publishing P&L commentaries;
- by ensuring accuracy of the P&L by-effects and attributes.
2.To contribute to market parameters control and the adherence to the Global Markets Fixed Income P&L Policy
3.Contribute to improve systems or change of systems:
- by addressing to possible technology enhancements
- by testing any change of systems
- by addressing relevant issues surrounding implementation of new systems
4.Contribute to reconciliation controls:
5.Responsible for portfolio controls and documentation of operational procedures for activities in-charge
6.To provide coverage of duties of other staff as assigned
7.Responsible for minimizing operational failure, including but not exclusively, the risks of fraud, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls
8.Ensuring appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified
- Strong knowledge in FX and interest rate (derivatives) products
- Understanding of Valuation models
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Good IT knowledge (Front- and Back office systems, MS Office package, ..)
- VBA skills are prefered
- Proficient in English
Specific Qualifications Required
- Graduate in Banking and Finance/Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in Product Control/Finance Control/Risk or related function
Primary Location: SG-06-SingaporeJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: OPERATION PROCESSINGEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 3 years
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Attention to detail / rigor, Communication skills - oral & written, Adaptability, Organizational skillsTransversal competency: Analytical Ability, Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment, Ability to develop and adapt a process