Learning & Development Consultant
Job Description Summary
Bring your passion for talent development and join our vibrant Learning & Development Team. Imagine what you can accomplish when you join an organization that is continually reinvesting in ways to help team members reach their full potential. It’s an exciting time in our journey as we transform the learning experience to help team members expand skills and grow their careers. We are looking for a creative, motivated professional ready to dive into the work.
The ideal candidate should be an excellent communicator with the ability to effectively build relationships with all levels of the organization. You must have experience in training delivery, design, and the ability to assess learning needs and develop solutions. You will focus on the delivery of the Bank's core curriculum including management and leadership programs, and work with business partners across the organization to plan, and implement learning solutions.
Together with our diverse talent on the Learning & Development team, you will make a difference in shaping the learning culture at Bank of the West.
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in needs analysis, solution planning, content development or curation.
- Creates innovative learning solutions for core skills curriculum.
- Evaluating program effectiveness and making recommendations for improvements.
- Designing and developing impactful learning experiences (e.g. virtual, in-person, elearning)
- Develops project plans and/or oversees the inclusion of the training task lines into an existing project plan working closely with other Learning and Development Consultants and/or Project Manager.
- Effectively communicates timelines and learning and development requirements to business partners and management team. Works closely with business partners to ensure the status of deliverable time frames, and identifies and communicates development obstacles.
- Delivers a variety of learning courses and programs with ability to ensure the learning objective is achieved. Possesses excellent presentation skills; able to present articulately and confidently under all circumstances.
- Coordinates content development teams, subject matter experts and program facilitators.
- Establish and maintains collaborative, solution-oriented relationships with cross functional leaders and partners.
- Maintains a variety physical and electronic files and/or records (e.g. training procedure manuals, guides, course materials, handouts/visuals, training records required reports, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and complying with regulatory requirements and established guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Business Administration, Organizational Development, Instructional Design related field or equivalent experience is required.
- Thorough knowledge in learning design/delivery and organizational development activities
- Knowledge of digital learning methodology
- Knowledge instructional design process
- Ability to build effective relationships across cross functional teams
- Strong project management skills
- Detailed oriented
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Proficient planning and organizing skills
- Excellent written & communication skills
- Bonus points if you have experience building learning solutions with eLearning software or technology platforms (Storyline, Vyond)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.