#CapitalMarkets #Structuring #StructuredProducts #Derivatives #Equities #Rates #Finance #Mathematics #Statistics #Stochastic #Models
About Global Markets
- Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporate, private banks and retail distribution networks. Our Portugal Platform (Lisbon and Porto) is a major HUB in Europe and certainly unique in the country by its size and its scope of activity, with all Front Office roles present (Trading, Sales, Research, Structuring, Quant & Engineering, Business Dev and Support, Marketing & Client Support, Risk Management, Data Analytics and Machine Learning, among others). We are growing fast with the ambition to become even more relevant for the worldwide activity
Your Main Activities Are
- Coordinate with Traders, Sales and Structurers as well as support functions (including compliance, legal, marketing) to support the commercial effort, by pricing complex products and related activities
- Answer in a timely manner to clients' requests regarding specific features of the products. Participate in the creation of a product offering in order to achieve the business plan, contributing to the investment ideas generation
- Create product pitches and support the delivery to clients
Profile and Skills to Success
- Academic background in Financial Mathematics, Statistics, Stochastic Calculation or similar
- Up to 2 years of experience in Banking and Financial Operations
- Proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of Financial markets, products and derivatives
- Basic knowledge of a programming language
- Fluency in English both oral and written
- Analytical ability, creativity & innovation, problem solving, attention to details, autonomy
- Client focused, communication skills, ability to anticipate business/strategic evolution
About the Team
- Europe Global Markets Structuring team is responsible for the development and execution of complex derivatives for our clients, in particular Retail Networks, Private Banks and Insurers. We are working closely with sales, trading and other structuring teams to originate new investment solutions and foster our leading position in derivative structured business
- The team is located in Paris, Lisbon, London, Milan and working closely with our American and Asian colleagues. The Lisbon team is a strategic hub for Structuring and is composed of 5 people, and as part of the team’s growth, we are recruiting Exotics Structurers
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.