At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for guiding the implementation of executive talent acquisition strategies within Bank of the West. This role primarily acquires talent for Senior Vice President level positions and hard to find technical and subject matter expert roles. This position will partner directly with our executive leadership in developing innovative candidate assessment, sourcing and recruiting strategies.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as consultant and business partner to senior and executive leadership to determine current and future talent requirements.
- Create targeted sourcing strategies for executive positions; conduct industry and candidate prospect research; identify and utilize multiple recruitment sources, especially cold calls, to identify qualified, interested candidates.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with hiring managers by advising hiring executives on effective search strategy, compensation, interviewing, and new-hire management.
- Source, screen, evaluate and recommend candidates and maintain a solid network of contacts within the industry. Conduct reference checks on top candidates. Extend offers of employment.
- Attend conferences with the purpose of sourcing candidates and gathering industry and competitor market intelligence.
- Conduct administrative tasks typical of staffing roles including drafting position descriptions, candidate profiles and reference summaries, maintaining records, data entry, scheduling travel coordination, and documentation; and projects as assigned.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects, supported by resources from internal and external teams.
- Work with HR and business line managers on forecasting needs and succession planning through workforce planning review/analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 10 years experience in progressively responsible senior recruitment roles.
- Bachelor's Degree
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Expert at talent acquisition, senior level compensation solutions, and ability to drive projects forward.
- Excellent relationship building, influencing and communication skills required.
- Ability to effectively interact with senior management.
- Technology savvy – excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.