In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization, located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future.
The position at a glance
Provides administrative support to several groups in the Finance Regional Group. Additionally, supports the activities of one or more senior Finance Regional Group Executives. Participates as a member of the Administrative Support staff for department wide activities including meeting planning, coordination of visiting guests activities and other general responsibilities.
- Creation, editing and preparation of letters, spreadsheets, charts and presentations.
- Ordering, replenishment, arrangement and distribution of departmental supplies.
- Maintenance of departmental records using methods of filing, storage, archiving, and retrieval.
- Sorting, screening, organization and delivery of departmental mail and packages.
- Coordination of travel arrangements, including airfare, hotel, car service and cash advances.
- Completion of travel and expenses statements for monthly corporate expenditures.
- Organization and scheduling of manager calendars and appointments.
- Management of incoming and outgoing phone calls and communications (fax, e-mail, correspondence)
- Preparation and coordination of departmental meetings and events.
- Modification and distribution of departmental reports.
- Completion of any reasonable projects or tasks, as requested by supervisor or manager.
- Serves as Business Continuity Plan coordinator under the direction of one of the department executives.
You will make use of several in house application systems including :
- LDRPS – Business Continuity Plan support
- BuyIT – Supplies and IT procurement
- Cliqbook and Ulysse – Travel scheduling and expense reporting
- TomNet – Staff attendance tracking
- FedEx Online – Express mail labeling and postage
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- French and English speaking/writing required
- Effective communication both verbally and non-verbally, with co-workers and all levels of management, utilizing tact and confidentiality.
- Prior experience as an Administrative Assistant.
- Flexible and positive approach towards new projects and challenges.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Solid user skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes email and calendar tools.
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- All BNP Paribas Canada employees must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **