REPORT TO• Chief Operating Officer, Canada
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
• Provide constant support and serve as Assistant to the COO
• Administrative duties
• Organize meetings and visits, making room and videoconference reservations
• Coordinate travel arrangements for all members of the COO Office and their visitors
• Act as back up for the Country Head’s Assistant and the other Assistant
• This position does not include any personnel supervision.
• Contributes directly to the Permanent Operational Control device: by applying the procedures, by carrying out the monitoring and by alerting his superiors to any malfunction.
These tasks are accomplished on a daily basis
Provide support for all functions
• In the absence of the Chief Operating Officer, forward important or urgent mail and e-mails.
Serve as an Assistant to the COO, the COO Office and as back up to the Country Head’s Assistant and the other Assistant
• For all members of the COO and his visitors: Obtain transportation, hotel and trip reservations at the best value for money according to the NA Travel Policy.
• Manage the agenda (internal and external meetings) and plan meetings (audio and video conferences,
• Request and follow up on business/travel-expense reimbursement.
• Type, lay out and distribute letters, notes, tables, and Power Point Presentations.
• Sort and distribute mail.
• Answer incoming calls and welcome visitors.
• Coordinate the Bank's translation jobs with translators, verify and monitor the cost and time estimates and follow through on the budget.
• Order required office supplies for the COO Office.
• Produce meeting minutes for the COO using the information given by the Managers.
• Request payment of invoices. Receive and process in Basware all invoices for the COO Office.
• Ensure the role of Attendance controller for the employees of the COO team: Input data in TOMNET of any non-foreseeable absence (illness, family obligation, etc.) as any absence, which would not have been entered directly by the employee.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• College diploma in office automation or any other relevant training
• Five years' experience in a similar position
• Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Availability (work schedule)
• Bilingualism (French/English)
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Ability to prioritize & manage time
• Shows initiative for new ideas
• Is a Self-starter
• Adaptability & flexibility
• Good organizational skills
• Courtesy/diplomacy (internal and external customer service)
• Ability to work under pressure
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.