The BNP Paribas Group is one of the largest international banking networks, with a presence in 72 countries. The organisation is an international financial services group, with more than 202,000 employees with solid roots in Europe, a significant and growing presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The BNP Paribas Group is organised around two main activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
MADRID IT Platform
The CIB IT Platform for EMEA is responsible to provide IT Services to our Clients ensuring a Digital Market evolution, in a secured and performant environment, and with a reliable quality. This function includes Global Markets Application Production, Local Territory IT Development, the Core Infrastructure environment including Datacentres, Application Production, Security, Architecture as well as elements of the Global Services organisation. This role presents a bridge with the Infrastructure and Design team in France and will cover not only EMEA but other activities GLOBALY.
The “Digital Working” Domain is part of the Corporate & Institutional Banking Information Technology & Operations (CIB ITO) of BNP Paribas. Within this domain, the Evolution team is responsible for the Global Engineering of Microsoft Windows Corporate Builds and its core applications.
Acting as part of a core team designing, engineering, producing, supporting, and evolving desktop, server and HVD platforms and user environments within the organisation. This role provides support, architecture, and design for engineered solutions; methods, processes, tools, deployments, upgrades, infrastructure or client and coordination activities for the Antivirus platform across EMEA, but also for APAC, AMER and LATAM regions.
The primary function of the role is to operate as part of the engineering team maintain and evolve the Antivirus Platform. To assess delivery of updates and upgrades and stability / robustness. This includes production of risk-based reports, for suitability of solution and test implementation scenarios to ensure maximum compatibility for production needs. Also providing release notes, installation manuals and procedures.
The secondary function of this role is to work with the production teams to coordinate and assist with implementation of the released products. This will involve ensuring test information is made available and is understood for appropriate decisions to be made. This should contribute to the swift implementation of the Engineering teams standardised products, methods, processes, policies, and to promote the tools and function of the Digital Working department.
- Position - Key Accountabilities
- Delivery of robust, scalable, and suitable solutions for multi-lingual, multi-site organisations
- Maintenance and provisioning of testing facilities for use within the Digital Working Infrastructure and Production teams
- Work closely with the Digital Working Infrastructure and Production teams for driving forward related project work
- Adhere to company ITSM processes: Incident Management, Reactive and Proactive Problem Management and Change Management: to ensure all linked actions are documented within the corporate tools and all related stakeholders are informed on time
- Participate jointly with Security Teams and Management in the CIP (Continuous Improvement Plan) to leverage and improve the Global Infrastructure
- Determine the best course of action to take standardised Antivirus solutions and bridge the gap from existing to ideal
- Decision making on appropriate solution to progress the previous point
- Decision making on passing / failing criteria for tested products
- To advise and support the Digital Working Infrastructure and Production teams
- To coordinate with many other teams actions carried out on the Global infrastructure - Networks, Storage, Wintel and Data Center facilities, Service Desk among others
- Travel abroad (Paris) in very special occasions to unlock problems, participate in workshops or trainings… and/or make the team’s activities known to L3 Engineering
- Professional Skills, Abilities and Experience
- L3 level of McAfee ePO management. Define Architecture, design solutions and implementations
- Advanced Knowledge McAfee technologies: TIE / DXL
- Advanced Knowledge configuring AV policies (Server, Desktop and HVD environments)
- Advance Antivirus understanding and troubleshooting. McAfee ENS; TP / ATP / FW
- Media Access understanding and troubleshooting. McAfee DLP / FRP / ME / FDE
- Advanced PowerShell and VBS Scripting to automate processes
- Advanced Windows 10 operating system architecture, configuration, and support
- Advanced Documentation creation skills
- Advanced analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving abilities
- Internet / DNS / Networking knowledge
- Working closely with the relevant technology teams to guarantee service stability
- Be the liaison with the vendor
- Maintain regular meetings with Management and other teams.
- Be able to train other colleagues and prepare handovers
- Ensure that documentation is created, published, maintained, and updated to a high standard
- Monitoring critical and core services to ensure accurate visibility of issues and potential problems
- Manage integrations with other toolsets such as ITSM, Software Asset Management and Vulnerability Management
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar environment. Multinational +50.000 users at least.
- ITIL Foundation knowledge
- Fluent in English (read/write/speak) –
Interview will be fully in English
- Constant development of own skills to maintain a knowledge the progress of technology, equipment, and systems
- Commitment to achieve personal objectives as well as contributing to overall departmental goals
- Strong attention to details
- Proactive and pragmatic approach with a strong ability to work on own initiative
- Ownership of work and commitment to delivery
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate with demanding Senior IT and Business Management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a multi-disciplinary team and manage multiple priorities, delivering to schedules and managing expectations
- A motivated, creative engineer with self-confidence and drive to deliver the right solutions
- Exercises self-control, is diligent, accurate and reviews / mitigates risk whenever possible
- Critical experience, ‘know-how’ and qualifications
Experience of operating in a L3 role in a large-scaled organisation reliant on technology to deliver their business functions.
Technical experience of infrastructure for McAfee ePO and relevant McAfee products, Active Directory, scripting technologies, web technologies and desktop platform technologies: at design, implementation, and management levels.
Business analyst or similar skills/knowledge that can be utilised to elicit, analyse, gather, and validate information regarding internal key IT systems, as to enable high quality, accurate and targeted management of desktop devices.
Technology awareness/knowledge gained from a technology background, through technology related qualifications or equivalent experience gained from working in a technology environment
Must be able to work independently, exercising good judgment when prioritising multiple tasks.
- Languages & Qualifications
- High English spoken and written fluent (B2/C)
- French (write / read / speak) – intermediate level will be desirable
- Bachelor’s in computer science or equivalent
- ITIL Foundation certificate will be desirable
- On Site Services: From 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday
- 3 days working from home
- Planned Interventions out of working hours may be required (incl. weekends)