Equity Research Support - Research Associate
Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas Group is a leading European bank with a strong global footprint across 72 markets and more than 202,000 employees. The Group provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Businessline/Function :
Equity Research Support
Business Line / Function:
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
BNPPISL is looking for experienced professionals in the area of research and analytics in finance to support the analysts and business in the APAC region.
Onshore financial research associate for India and will involve data collection and presentation, reviewing industry research reports, financial modeling and company valuation support, support the writing of research reports, etc.
• Building and refining financial models (DCF, forecasting, etc)
• Valuation analysis and comparison with peers / industry benchmarks
• Analyzing financial statements and industry reports
• Writing reports summarizing your analysis
• Establishing and maintaining contacts with key people in the companies and in the industry covered to enhance the research process
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Expertise with research databases like Bloomberg, Factset, Reuters, Thomson Research, etc
• Familiarity with accounting, financial ratios, financial statements
• Familiarity with economic data, inter-relation between economic variables, etc.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Preferably 2-5 years’ relevant experience. Preferably in equity research – BFSI sector
· MBA in Finance or Chartered Accountant, or Engineering Degree or Degree in Math with a Post graduate qualification in Finance
• Specialization in Quant skills desirable
· Preferably research support experience
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Communication skills - oral & written
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to manage a project
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)