At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing sales originations in
our wholesale floorplan and retail finance business within the Equipment
Finance Division. This individual will
report to the Managing Director of the Equipment & Logistics Solutions business
unit and will be responsible in managing a team that interacts with equipment
dealers in specialized industries throughout the United States.
Duties include setting,
achieving, and reporting of production and revenue goals; developing and
implementing products, programs and marketing materials; and managing vendor
services in support of the equipment leasing function. Cross-selling of Bank of the West products
will also be an important role of this position.
Essential Job Functions
- Hires sales staff. Determines staffing requirements and
interviews and hires qualified candidates.
- Manages sales staff including setting and maintaining
accountability standards, managing daily workflow to provide consistent
quality service, conducting regular marketing meetings and preparing and
conducting performance evaluations.
- Administers vacations and travel calendar.
- Provides input to manager in setting production goals.
- Maintains consistency between sales personnel and
- Determines and manages industry and geographic
territories of sales personnel.
- Maintains and administers an equitable incentive
- Monitors the marketplace and competitors for changes
and makes adjustments to ensure maximum production.
- Identifies market needs for products and programs that
will generate lease volume consistent with the bank's appetite.
- Interacts with accounting and legal counsel to ensure
products comply with applicable regulations and laws.
- Works with manager in developing and implementing
- Educates staff on mechanics and implementation of products
- Motivates marketing officers and staff members to
promote products and programs.
- Tracks volume and effectiveness.
- Reviews new vendor write-ups and recommends approval or
- Ensures proper execution of vendor agreements prior to
funding lease transactions.
- Executes vendor file maintenance consistent with policy
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Bachelor's Degree in finance preferred and or
equivalent work experience
- Ten years’ experience in wholesale floorplan and retail
finance lending in the equipment finance industry with preference in
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices, laws,
regulations and tax issues of equipment financing and leasing.
- Complete understanding of marketing and sales practices
in vendor equipment leasing including wholesale floorplan and retail
- Strong knowledge in credit and financial statement
- Experience in selling bank products
- Administrative/Technical Skills.
- Planning and organizing.
- Sales and business development.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United StatesJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking