BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is the investment banking arm of the group and includes the Global Markets (GM) business line, which has grown in Portugal with local teams being created around trading, sales, structuring and other front office functions. GM can offer you an exciting and truly global career, boasting a broad range of products and services in the global interest rate, credit, currency, equities & commodities markets. It helps clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage exposure to risk. The client base comprises of hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations. GM has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all of the world’s currencies.
Currently focusing on Equities and Credit asset classes, our Lisbon-based teams of sales and trader analysts are offering ambitious graduates the opportunity to be exposed to a wide array of products in a dynamic and engaging environment. Most roles will have candidates interact with the bank’s clients (institutionals, private banks, hedge funds…) and all will offer great learning opportunities to the selected hires so that they build their career with us. Successful candidates will get direct Front-office exposure to the full BNP Paribas range of complex products in the derivatives space. They will consequently build up a holistic knowledge base in risk management, hedging, buy-side strategy, product distribution and other fundamental dynamics of the capital markets. We are therefore looking for hungry graduates with a knack for the markets, fast paced decision making as well as a client & solution-oriented mindset. After joining one of our young and growing teams, they will be at the forefront of the bank’s capital markets activity and will help us expand our franchise and participate in the success of the business.
Within Equity Derivatives (EQD), SCOPE (Secondary Client Offer & Post trade) is the team responsible of the valuation, set up and performance explanation of all the Secondary Exotic & Flow products. This Front Office team occupies a unique and strategic position, dealing with a large range of products and clients (corporate and institutional). As a result, they work closely with the different teams within EQD business line and especially sales and traders.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Senior Secondary Trader Analyst, you will be given the following missions:
- Coordinate transversal team initiatives and projects in between Lisbon and other platforms
- Be the main point of contact for management, secondary traders and other teams interacting with the trading desk
- Set up deals in the secondary trading system, price inventory and manage margins for secondary market making
- Handle client requests related to the performance of their investments or price explanations
- Act as a liaison with other functions: Middle Office, Back Office, Clearing agent… along the secondary market value chain
- Lead digital projects designed at improving the efficiency of daily routine tasks and enhancing the Secondary Trading setup through automation and industrialization, in coordination with SCOPE Analytics Specialist
- Business/Engineering school graduate
- Leadership & ability to deal with senior stakeholders
- Relevant experience in capital markets
- Analytical mindset mandatory, Python and/or VBA proficiency a plus (backed by concrete experience)
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to recognize and prioritize competing demands
- Fast learner and hard worker
- Fluency in English mandatory, French or any other European language a plus
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.