At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022.
Job Description Summary
Seeking experienced Business Analyst to support our product management activities across the Party Master Platform and Reference Master Platforms. These platforms leverage Informatica products, internal messaging platforms, database schemas, to deliver data enterprise wide to support all line of business and functional groups. The role will be responsible for leading specific efforts as outlined in the teams Roadmap, ensuring features/enhancements are aligned with corporate objectives, that datasets are organized as reusable ‘data assets’ that can leveraged across the enterprise, working with respective product owners on deliverables, and partnering with Technology to ensure it has the proper oversight to maintain the health of the platform overall.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the oversight of the design, development, implementation and support of assigned Roadmap items (typically these are specific business outcomes or application features being delivered).
- Recommends, supports and coordinates all technical development resources for initiatives.
- Responsible for performing data analysis of production data to determine what use cases exist that may have to be incorporated into requirements / user stories.
- Responsible for writing SQL to creating prototypes of new data capabilities that business groups are after to prove concept and drive into the exact requirements.
- Prepares presentations related to new business capabilities, presents to others for buy-in, and garners agreement across various functional and line of business teams.
- Responsible for writing requirements / user stories for the assigned Roadmap Item.
- Acts as primary liaison between internal customer and team to ensure delivery of the business capability / outcome.
- Provides pre- and post-implementation assessments of quality and benefit.
- Implements control processes / data checks using SQL to ensure new capability is monitored on-going.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Typically viewed as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Data Management related to customer and reference data areas.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Requires 5+ years of SQL (MS SQL, Oracle, or Teradata)
- Requires 5+ years of experience with relational databases, data marts, etc.
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience working in banking and good business knowledge and familiarity with consumer/small business/commercial banking products
- Bachelor’s Degree-required (in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar degree)
- Must be highly detailed oriented. Must enjoy being immersed in ‘data’ and enjoy digging and tracing data for answers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with thoroughness and attention to detail
- Strong execution / ‘get it done’ skills
- Must have solid organizational skills, with the ability to handle complex projects in a multi-tasking environment and meet deadlines with quality results.
- Ability to develop open, considerate, effective and productive working relationships with customers, external contacts and individuals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for report writing, business requirement proposals, client interaction, and methodology documentation.
- Knowledge of change management and software development life cycle practices (SDLC, Agile, and Waterfall helpful).
- Understanding and application of principles, standards, industry practices, techniques and concepts, as well as contributing to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
- Understanding on ‘data controls’, documentation, and implementation techniques.
- Prior experience working with large implementation projects would be beneficial for the candidate.
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.