In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The role is to provide functional support to Commodity Finance Operations, ensuring smooth and efficient operations at Commodity Finance Operation Centre (CFOC)
1. Performing Daily Control
• To check any abnormally in accounting entry using Atlas II
• Manual entry post using Atlas II system and liaise with respective teams for rectification (if any).
• Run SWIFT Gapping reconciliation daily ensuring all SWIFT are accounted for
• Upload KYC list and inform respective team if any new item on the list
• Ensuring USD incoming funds responded in intellimatch
2. Perform Analysis, Investigation and Adjustment
• Analyze / investigate issue raise by operation processors such as entry posting, reason causes the trade transaction booking error etc.
• Investigate and adjustment of accounting entry in ivision intellimatch unmatched item and raise excel loader for adjustment if needed
• Raise issue to Local / APAC IT of any errors concerning systems and software application for investigation
• Daily maturity reports for operation teams on transaction due
• Weekly reports on import & export LC expire more than 21 days
• Monthly management reports and assists in Asia KPI/Cockpit Dashboard, and other management and statutory reporting.
• Participate and contribute towards functional user acceptance testing (UAT) for systems enhancement, upgrading, new systems prior to implementation in production platform.
• Participate in projects which involve Commodity Finance Operational Centre from time to time.
• Prepare test cases for testing
• Coordinate with respective teams in CFOC to participate in system testing
• Raise JIRA for system enhancement
5. Other Tasks
Beside the main responsibility outlined above, he/she also responsible for the following tasks
• Perform cover counter duties when colleague are on annual / medical leave
• Processing of Commodity Trade Transactions such as export LC advising, import LC issuance, loan financing and etc.
• Perform other tasks assigned by team manager
• Request IT to retrieve data as and when required
• Yearly review of General Banking Procedures, assisting in the drafting, updating and lodging of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
• Work on query from Finance on typology code, settlement of retrocession fees payable, LC or Guarantee commission and account entry adjustment
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Proficient in Microsoft Office such Excel, Words, PowerPoint
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Knowledge in accounting
Primary Location: SG-06-SingaporeJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: OPERATION PROCESSINGEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 2 years
Behavioural competency: Attention to detail / rigor, Critical thinking, AdaptabilityTransversal competency: Analytical Ability, Ability to understand, explain and support change