In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
About Electronic Equites Business:
The Electronic Equites business provides clients execution services on over 100 markets in more than 30 countries worldwide. We provide the full spectrum of capabilities: from Sponsored or Direct Market Access to Smart Order Router and Algorithmic Execution. Technology is a key factor in the success of this business, hence we focus on a small number of technologies and platforms, each dedicated and optimised for a particular function to achieve best results. We look to build compact, flat and global teams, actively collaborating between each other and with the business. We are a team with engineering culture, we value hands-on technical skills at any level.
The Execution System developer will join a globally distributed team responible for our Electronic Equities platform. The role will be predomiantly focused on developing our electronic execution order management system used across APAC.
• Develop and support our Equities Electronic Algorithimic Trading platform used across APAC
• Face off to the business to understand requirements and translate it into design
• Work effectively in a flat compact and regionally distributed multi-skilled team
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• 7+ years coding with C++ in a professional Linux environment.
• 3+ years developing algorithm strategies.
• 3+ years Bash/Perl/Python scripting desirable.
• Experience engineering low latency solutions desirable.
• A track record of excellent communication skills working with business partners and other developers.
• Experience of working in a robust technology environment with a clear appreciation of software development best practices and change control procedures.
• Understanding of market microstructure in Equity markets is preferred but not essential.
• Relevant education such as a BSc / MSc / PhD in a relevant subject such as Computer Science, Finance, Maths, Physics, Econometrics, Engineering, or the equivalent work experience or qualifications