At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for specialized processes that have high visibility and require a higher degree of knowledge and skill set. Know and be able to assist in all functions within the Accounts Payable Department. This position requires strong accounting and general ledger understanding in order to analyze various general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy of all information according to department and Bank policies and procedures. Demonstrate positive leadership abilities and assist the AP Supervisor and Manager as needed.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Completes daily reconciliation and correction of the Accounts Payable funding, posting and general ledger accounts.
- Completes all required monthly certifications.
- Completes daily validation of vendor taxpayer identification to the IRS TIN Matching System and the Office of Foreign Assets System.
- Completes daily validation and correction of the ACH/CTX rejected transactions.
- Completes daily research, allocation and charge back of multiple cost center cost distributions.
- Compiles and validates Director payments and prepares Director Quarterly Statements.
- Receives and reviews signature authorization forms and updates the Banks Expense & Purchasing Signature Authorization database.
- Assists with the validation and preparation of the IRS 1099MISC forms, and provides maintenance to the Tax System with IRS 1099 MISC changes.
- Audit recurring payments, setups and validates accuracy of monthly recurring payments.
- Acts as subject matter expert in Accounts Payable Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires basic job knowledge of systems and procedures obtained through prior work experience or education.
- Requires 3 years minimum experience.
- May require vocational or technical education in addition to prior work experience.
- Associate's Degree accounting or finance
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of accounts payable and general ledger principles.
- Experience in accounts payable.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet, Access database, systems interfaces and other PC applications.
- Knowledge of item processing.
- Knowledge of automated system(s) that pertain to job.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to focus on details.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance