e-Business Data Analyst
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Electronic Client Solutions (ECS) is a global team within Electronic business & Markets, based in Paris, London, New York, Hong Kong and Singapore, that represents the backbone of BNP Paribas’s Electronic Business & Markets group.
Its core function is to provide a single point of contact for Client queries for all our Electronic products and services. ECS supports Clients, ECNs and external counterparties, in conjunction with Sales/Trading teams and is responsible for both Client Enablement and Client Service across all our Ecommerce platforms:
Its responsibilities fall into three main business/product lines and are organised respectively into three sub teams:
- FX eCommerce
- Rates/Credit eCommerce
- Structured Products/Derivatives eCommerce
ECS provides the highest level of service to our external and internal clients to position BNP Paribas as a leading provider of Electronic Markets solutions; Its’ aim is to cultivate, maintain and industrialise our relationships with Clients, Vendors and 3rd Party providers through excellent customer service, in order to significantly improve our electronic offering and increase our market share.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The project consists in offering institutional and Private distribution clients a platform. The platform named Smart Derivatives is divided in 2 parts:
BRIO for Institutional clients: BRIO supports a wide range of equity investment management approaches, from quantitative to fundamental. With virtually limitless objectives and a wide range of constraints, Brio Analytics deliver maximum flexibility to model complex delta one strategies.
Smart Derivatives for Private bank clients and internal users with both Primary and Secondary market, on commoditized, custom made, innovative products, including an online tailor made marketing offer and a reporting portal. The platform contains a pricing tool that clients will be able to use to price and trade structured derivatives.
1. Business Support:
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to internal &external usage of Smartderivatives as effectively as possible. Escalate issues to the relevant teams and ensure a quick and effective resolution every time.
- Provide support &training to several teams and ensure the proper use of the platform by all users.
- Assist users in finding alternatives to automate their pricing needs.
- Propose and create new marketing to promote the platform and new features
- Monitor new client activity, monitor dormant clients and users and conduct reactivation campaigns
- Train & present to internal users the new features made available
3. Platform Development:
- Propose and help define the priorities in terms of IT developments related to Smart Derivatives.
- Identify business needs and areas of improvement/efficiency gains
4. Client Enablement:
- Responsible for managing and implementing all Client and User Enablement requests to BNP Paribas EQD platforms.
- Work closely with the sales, trading and support teams globally to manage the configuration of client account creations, assisting in the automation process
- Academic background in Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Economics or similar areas (preferential)
- A first experience in Finance would be a strong advantage
- Fluency in English (mandatory)
- Excellent communication skills and client focus
- Strong team work while being able to work autonomously
- Strong analytical, problem solving planning and organization skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Good knowledge in Excel & VBA
- Availability for a training period abroad
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.