Due Diligence Officer (temporary)
• Head of Due Diligence - Canada
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
As part of a comprehensive action plan for the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorist activities ("AML"), the Due Diligence Analyst assesses client risk by completing the "Know Your Customer" form ("KYC"); this includes the sensitivity proposal based on the sensitivity analysis results, which are determined by an evaluation grid. The Analyst will be in direct contact with clients (internal and external) in order to obtain the documentation required by internal and external regulations. The Analyst will work closely with other due diligence officers in the BNP Paribas Group network.
The role is to perform CIB Clients due diligence analysis and checks at the client Onboarding and recertification and to contribute the overall client’s assessment in terms of KYC.
The Analyst is also in charge of maintaining the department's database, as well as preparing reports and statistics for submission to executive management on a regular basis.
This position does not require any staff management
• Demonstrate awareness of the 3rd European Money Laundering Directive and Brazilian regulatory directives or requirements where he or she will face such JMLSG UK Guidance notes for the prevention of money laundering.
• Understand the principles and be familiar with CIB products
• Aware of various types of trading entities - limited, private and public companies, holding companies, hedge funds, asset managers, special purpose vehicle’s, trust’s etc
• Complete KYC forms for compliance purposes, including the following:
• Conduct research on legal entities in the Bank's systems (Atlas, CreditNet, RMPM, GCARS, etc.) as well as in official government records and other public websites (Sedar, SEC, REQ, Banker's Almanac, etc.);
• Conduct basic corporate financial research;
• Conduct research on the economic activities of legal entities using available internal documents, such as credit proposals, or on public websites, such as Business Week (sector/industry type, products, services sold, localization of main suppliers, main clients and operation locations);
• Evaluate client sensitivity according to a predetermined grid and instructions;
• Communicate with clients, as needed, to gather information on beneficial ownership or on any other missing documents.
• Notify the compliance/financial security department if a client's identity or documents appear fraudulent or suspicious.
• Monitor problematic situations.
• Verify the compliance monitoring process: have relationship managers and the business-line head sign and review the KYC form.
• Help with process implementation and verification and participate in procedure updates.
• Complete the form in compliance with the Bank's internal and external regulations within set timelines.
• Manage and follow-up on reports required by financial intelligence units in Canada and Paris within the set timelines.
• Take part in different projects under the supervision of the Head of Due Diligence.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's in administration or business and expertise relevant to the main duties described above.
• 1-2 years' experience.
• Previous Experience in Compliance it’s not a mandatory requirement, however will be highly appreciated.
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Theoretical or general knowledge of banking products and legal documentation in the banking sector.
• Knowledge of banking sector compliance rules.
• Good understanding of legal business structures so as to determine a legal entity's final beneficiaries.
• Multi-lingual: English, French and Spanish (Reading and Writing)
• Good knowledge of IT tools and software.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Rigorous work performance.
• Detail oriented.
• Good judgement and analytical skills and takes initiative.
• Timely execution.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to manage stress and prioritize.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Customer service skills.
• Organizational skills.
• Spanish advanced skills – Reading and Writing
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.