BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The Documentation Drafting FXMM Standard Products Team is responsible for ensuring the integrity and accuracy of the risk undertaken by the business lines. A wide range of products are traded by the Trading desk including FX, FX Options, Loan and Deposits, Metals. The Documentation Standard’s team’s primary function is to support the Trading and Sales desks through the drafting of OTC Physical confirmations for mainly all structured trades & exotic options dealt with Interbank counterparties.
The Documentation Standard Products Team performs a critical control role in the timely reconciliation of bookings with the confirmation and term sheet. The team is also responsible for notifying all post trade events with clients. The team ensures that all issues are controlled, reported and fixed by working closely with traders, sales people, strategists, IT and Legal, Credit and Compliance. We are involved in process improvements with special focus on STP processing and management of risk and controls, new product initiatives and development of new business in all regions.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Drafting legal confirmations based on ISDA definitions for all products including Swaps, Forwards and Options, for example Option Strategies (Barrier, Knock-in Knock-out, Accumulator) and Hybrid Strategies.
• Trade review of risk booking and term sheet to ensure they are in line prior sending documentation to clients.
• Monitor workflows to ensure confirmations are prioritised accordingly and ensure timely dispatch of confirmations.
• Meet Regulators dispatch targets.
• Issuing post trade events notifications to clients such as barrier triggering (Knock-in / Knock-out), expiries, exercises and early terminations.
• Direct point of escalation internally on documentation /template queries.
• Daily liaison with Customers on discrepancies and assisting in redrafting confirmations to meet their needs.
• Working closely with the Matching team to solve discrepancies on incoming confirmations.
• Continuous review of processes and controls ensuring high level of risk management.
• Maintaining effective working relationships with Front office Trading and Sales, Legal, Compliance, IT and other Operational areas in Paris, Montreal or Singapore and globally through daily interactions.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Primary Location: PT-11-LisbonJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: FINANCIAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERTISEEducation Level: Not indicatedExperience Level: Not IndicatedSchedule: Full-time Behavioural competency: Ability to synthetize / simplifyTransversal competency: Analytical Ability