About the job
- The main mission of the Discretionary Portfolio Management (DPM) desk in to manage the portfolio of clients whom delegate to the bank the management of their assets
- It provides high-end DPM services to wealthy, sophisticated and demanding private clients
- The team services clients from different BNP Paribas WM entities (Switzerland, Luxembourg, Monaco, and Germany)
Your Main Activities Are
- Transpose portfolio manager’s orders (Crystal mandates) to systems, making sure they are executed according to the procedures in place
- Transpose PMS orders in BPSS system and liaise with Portfolios Managers and BPSS custody team in order to ensure the smooth settlement of PMS funds
- Provide support in the activities related to portfolio management: manage administrative tasks, update databases and manage cash accounts and payment instructions, manage operations linked to the update of client’s investment profiles
- Guarantee the application of the investment policies and the respect of the investment universe.
- Contribute to keep the databases that monitor DPM activities up-to-date
- Prepare reports to clients on the performance of their portfolios
- Contribute to enhance operational efficiency and to continuously improve DPM activities.
- Take part to ad-hoc tasks supporting the activity
Profile and Skills to Success
- At least 5 years of experience in a back office \\ settlement function
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft office tools, in particular Excel and Access
- Neolink (BPSS platform) experience is a strong plus
- VBA coding capabilities are a plus
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and listening in English. French is a strong plus
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong analysis capacity, rigor and accuracy, dynamism, autonomy, organization and responsibility
- Highly oriented to results
- Capacity to synthetize / simplify
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace and multi-cultural environment
- Passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever-changing context
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.