At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference... Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
... Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
- Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
- A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
The Director of Canada Compliance is responsible for supervising and overseeing the performance of all shared services teams in Canada Compliance. The purpose of the role is to ensure that CIB Canada Compliance achieves the performance required, providing regular report to ensure the KPIs are met. This role reports directly to the Chief Compliance Officer in Canada, with a dotted line to Chief Operating Officer for the IHC across the Americas.
This role is also accountable for overseeing the implementation, sustainability and continuous enhancement of the Montreal Shared Services Compliance program, and providing strategic and tactical support to the BOTW and CIB and other Compliance professionals to achieve the highest level of oversight, transparency as well as timely and accurate communication of information. The role ensures that the Montreal Compliance Shared Services’ strategic and tactical objectives are met.
- Responsible to oversee the performance of all shared services teams, including Compliance PMO, Compliance Finance, Compliance Reporting, License Registration, Markets Surveillance, Data Governance, and Business System Support teams.
- Provides leadership across the different compliance teams to ensure Service Recipient requirements and asks are met.
- Prepares documentation required to comply with regulatory and/or other management reporting, considering regulatory and industry developments in alignment with CIB and BOTW senior leadership including qualitative and quantitative KPIs.
- Ensures controls and procedures across the different compliance teams are applicable, flexible practical, effective, reviewed and enhanced regularly and understood by relevant staff.
- Drive efficiency, effectiveness, cost savings, and compliance for all Compliance functions based in Montreal.
- Maintains client satisfaction, client communication, and the overall management of the client relationship
- Responsible for managing employees; guiding, mentoring and providing performance feedback to encourage optimum performance based on US service recipient feedback
- Review and monitor the KPIs report on a monthly basis to ensure the SLAs are met; Ensure SLA commitments are met and report on progress / issue regularly
- Supervise and facilitate the improvement of the teams’ performance and address performance issues and failed SLAs
- Maintain ongoing service delivery, as well as driving improvements to provide efficient, effective, and compliant services.
- Identify training needs of team members to improve knowledge of industry, department and organization and skills required to execute services.
- Where required, establish and maintain trusting and effective relationships with US Counterparts to facilitate additional improvements in productivity and efficiency across different teams, consistently improve the overall Compliance performance.
- Evaluate and review staffing needs (e.g. interviewing, hiring, new hire and ongoing training, annual evaluations, etc.)
- Participate in budget development and monitoring of expenses
- Ensure excellent service delivery of the various compliance services provided by the Montreal hub.
- 8 - 10 years banking/financial services experience with a strong exposure to Compliance.
- Previous Management experience is required.
- Respond to IG and Regulatory inquiries
- Knowledge of the Banking operations in general and versatility/familiarity with Compliance related topics will be an advantage
- Fluent in English – additional competency in other languages (such as French) is a plus but is not mandatory
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- 5-8 years of working at Big 4 / management consulting firms with experience with executive messaging ( Preferred not required )
- Team player and self-starter with a focus on the success of the whole team. Ability to work well both with others, as well as independently.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills (written and verbal), experience presenting to C level executives.
- Strong collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical groups, attention to detail, and superior organization skills
- Experience working internationally and ability to coordinate and manage issues, projects and other responsibilities across multiple jurisdictions/entities.
- Support data collection and analysis for aggregated reporting and team projects.
- Proficient use of MS Office suite (excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint) required.
- Good organizational skills, experience working in diverse, fast-paced financial institution and prior experience are required.
- Strong analytical skills particularly with regard to departmental expenses and capital expenditure planning as well as the collection of operational loss and incident data for reporting to Senior Leadership in Montreal and in the US.
- Flexibility to adapt to a new, changing and fast paced environment, time and project management to meet rigorous deadlines on multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to formulate and express ideas clearly and effectively in verbal and written presentations
- High ethical standards and sense of urgency in execution is highly desirable
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead teams of various sizes in delivery of services to remote customers
- Requires strong management, organizational, team building, coaching and mentoring skills;
- Well established track record of producing high quality results while establishing/maintaining customer relationships at all levels;
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals, entrepreneurs, SMEs and large companies. BNP Paribas is a leading bank in the euro zone and a leading international banking player.
Did you know? In 2019, BNP Paribas named World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility 2019
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
A recruitment policy that promotes equality and diversity:
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer. BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act).
Part of BNP Paribas dedication to diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected on how we believe and live diversity and inclusion all together. As such, one of BNP Paribas’ initiatives is hosting Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) which are focused on equality of gender, sexual orientation and learning from other cultures.
We can assist with access to job offers for people with disabilities who may be unable to use our career site - please contact us by email canada_recrutement [at] ca.bnpparibas (dot) com or by phone on 514-285-6000
Want to know more about the BNP Paribas Group?
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **